User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sowing seeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím ready to sow some Sarracenia seeds that I received and wanted to check with all of you on the best way to do it. I bought some fungicide from a local nursery labeled as Dithane M-45. The Active ingredients are labeled as Ethylenebisdithiocarbamate 80%, Manganese++ 16%, and Zinc++ 2%, Do you think this will be sufficient in preventing fungus growth while in the fridge? Also how long should I keep the seeds in the fridge? I plan on using either LFS or peat or a mixture. Whatever advice you can give me would be awesome. Thanks,
    Nick Z.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no need for fungicide. Just wrap them in a damp paper towel, wrap in tin foil and leave them in there for 5 weeks.
    Then sow on your peat or moss mix.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, no fungicide. The stuff is dangerous to your own health, and I've never used any but have gotton plenty of seedlings.

Personally, I prefer to sow seeds directly onto the soil and refrigerate the pot, covered with plastic wrap, for 4 weeks and then place under lights. I've had high success with this method, but I do know others like varying methods.

But, seriously, I wouldn't recommend fungicide.

- Patrick
    Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.