What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My prized ceph

ok guys, here are more pics...im starting to get the hang of this...this is my prized ceph I bought from Charles Brewer, its about a year old since I got it...it was TINYYY and how its nice and big. here we go...
IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

arggggggg still not working...lets try again

IMG_0142.sized.jpg

ok, beautiful plant. Now how didja grow it?
biggrin.gif

Peter

Well, I have grown it in the same pot since I got it. I coudlnt give you the actual soil recipe...but I used peat, silica sand, a touch of perlite, a touch of hort. charcoal and some LFS, and then i topped it off with LFS. I had it in a 10 gal terrarium for a while, and I finally built my lowland nep chamber which is 4'x3'x2' and have 8 40 watt fluoros. humidity is always very high...above 80% and I put the ceph close to the computer fan...it seems to like a breeze. No tray method, i let it dry out SLIGHTLY then water. It catches ants on its own from the ant colony in the chamber so feeding isnt a matter. Did I miss anything?

Is it just a typical or one of the special ones he has? Because the overall plant seems alittle different from the I've seen.

You have mastered the Ceph. Great mix you have there, and they do indeed(from my accidental bumbling) like the tray or bottom of the tank to dry out before re-filling. Or ,in your case, to not even use a tray.

Cheers,

Joe

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I ever get one I am soo using your method!

Very nice! That is indeed a very beutiful plant you have there:)

Mr. Brewer has the finest types of cephs in the U.S.

He sure does, and the nicest guy too! He helped me out when I was first starting off, I recomend going to this website
http://www.aqph26.dsl.pipex.com/index.html
It has good info and i basically followed the soil recipe they give. I love this plant, it is my favorite and has the most character. I assume its the typical type, I have been trying to contact him but his email must have changed. He said he had a new giant form that has grown past the size of Hummers and the German Giant. I want one but cant get in touch with him.

Yeah, he's a super nice guy and I've talked to him about that new giant too. The drawback is that it is a Very slow grower when compared to the rest.

I'm looking to purchase a giant form if anyone has any? German Giant? Hummers?

You could ask in the trading forum.

Wow, I've never seen such a great coloured ceph. Purple, pink and black!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile.gif

I think Andreas Wistuba has the German Giant, and you do not need paperwork to order from him, as he has a US person to send plants too.

Here are some more pics, hope you all arent sick of it already. You can see the really dark one! alomst black, it is getting old as you can see but still beautiful. Right now I have them on the lower level of my chamber so that they will make bigger pitchers due to low light, once they are open Ill bring them up top to give them some color
smile.gif

Enjoy

IMG_0163.sized.jpg

IMG_0166.sized.jpg

IMG_0170.sized.jpg

IMG_0172.sized.jpg

img]http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/albums/album31/IMG_0175.sized.jpg[/img]

IMG_0179.sized.jpg

Back