User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S. leucophylla 'tarnok' flowering!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is sterile. You can divide it into as many growing points as it has. A bunch of growing points does look better though as long as the plant is not crowded. If you burn your bog (FIRE!!!) you should probibly divide it after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tuna,
    When you do self 'Tarnok', where are you going to pollinate it? With what pollen? This is not one of those " I'll give it a try anyway" types of things, this is a mutant flower. This past year, we made over thirty Sarracenia pollinations, take our word for it... there is no place to "try" on 'Tarnok'. We have closely examined the flower... it doesn't have the proper parts. After you see the flower, you may understand better. By the way, if you have the book "The Savage Garden", there is very detailed instruction and explanation for Sarr pollination and all the topics you wanted to know about along with a diagram of a normal Sarr flower. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    There is a good chance that one of your smaller Sarrs will grow to be flowering size by next season- they grow fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My purpurea is quite large, check it out in the pics of your most prided plants section. It's about 8 inches accross.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flower is starting to open!!!
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12