Ok everyone, this is my 2nd attempt at dividing one of my Heliamphora plants. My 1st attempt was last year, and it proved to be a success. This year I went for Gold and divided the sucker into 11 different plants. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
First, you can see the fragile root system. Suprisingly very few if any visable roots broke off during this process.
I let them soak for 15 min in a 1/2 teaspoon / gallon mixture of Superthrive. (It didn't hurt things last year, so might as well use the stuff up I guess)
Here are some of them being assigned to their pots.
Finally, they are placed in my terrarium.
I used a mixture of 1/2 LFS, 1/3 perlite, and the rest being pumice.
It's been a week since these photo's were taken, and they are all doing well!! So, don't be afraid if you have a heterodoxa x minor and have a desire to divide it.