Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Progression

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Feb. 06 2005,1:09)]Jimscott, I've tried baking my Cephs outdoors in 100F and they refused to do just that. Instead they perked up from no leaves or pitchers (etiolated stem) to over 10 1" pitchers in just 2 months. Weird. But nice.
    Thanks, it would appear that this is a pretty resilient plant. Outside it goes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What size pot is that? If it's only a 2.5" pot, I would say it's doing great.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is quite a small pot, should I increase the size?
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usually if you increase the size of the pot the plant will grow faster, Not all the time, this is geenrally a rule with sarracenia
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They love deep pots. My propagated young cephs grow better in a 4 inch tall dixie cup than in a nearly similar diameter 2.5 inch pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here about the deep pots, I had to painfully eat a few pots of instant noodle to get nice deep containers to grow my Cephalotus and Drosera gigantea in.
    I repotted a Ceph I ordered recently (one plant, six growing points, 1"+ red pitchers, but no root system!!) into one of those in my usual Ceph mix of equal parts chopped live Sphagnum and perlite, with a tiny handful of peat (coarse grit at the bottom of the container). Compared to the stagnating peat-sand mix in a shallow pot, it seems to be doing better. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

With my plants putting them in a terrarium was the best thing I did. I had the two pots of cephs in a windowsill for almost 2 years and they always had a few pitchers here and there. The pitcher were tiny and green, only the non carnivorous leaves had a few patches of red. Now that they're in the terrarium one pot is covered with pitchers and the plant in the other pot is making mature pitchers with teeth and on top of all that they're red (just what I always wanted). Yo there is nothing more beautiful than a mature pitcher with red teeth. The only problem is my cephs don't send out any non carnivorous leaves, I kinda miss those, and I have yet to see any flowers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard to make it flower you have to give it some type of dormacy during the winter so it can tell the difference in the seasons. It doesn't really have to be cold, just decrease the photo period by a few hours.
    I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast