What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My cephalotus

Looks like your is a few plants

yeah there are two plants but i'm gonna keep both of them

OK, here is my Ceph Hummer's Giant:

CHG.jpg

To the left is a N. ampullaria and below left is a N. diatas. On the right is is a similar style pot with a regular Ceph - I'm trying duct tape to block out the carpet moss that's running rampant.

And for scale reference, with a quarter and a tape measure:

CHGqtr.jpg

CHGrlr.jpg

man I wish I could trade wildbill something for any of his cephs, if you have any spares pm me and I'm sure I can trade you a nice sarracenia

unless your sar can fly, i dont think ANYONE would trade THAT ceph!
Nice work!

amazing cephalotus, wildbill
smile_k_ani_32.gif

may i please see your regualr cephalotus?

When I first got it, I repotted it into a 4 inch pot. I have to say, though, I think it really likes the nice deep pot it's in now. I put it into the 12 inch deep pot maybe 6 or 8 months ago.

I originally got it a year or two ago (from a CP place that begins with a "B" in Stanardsville, VA) and it looked just like my regular Ceph, with small pitchers until about 3 months ago. That big green trap just opened on Friday.

I took 6 cuttings of it and two of them took. I'm sorry everyone, they are already spoken for. If and when I have any more available I will let you know.

WildBill

Hey Wildbill, can you take a picture a little farther back of your entire grow setup. The light looks artificial, just wondering what you are using for a light source and what do you keep your plants in. I would like to make a tropical grow chamber of some kind.

Wow!!!
These Cephs are AMAZING!!
They make my weedy wee one look pathetic! although, it is currently working on some new pitchers for me.
Um, to the person who feeds BettaBioGold- do you know if other pellet fish foods would work, such as goldfish or koi food? We don't get the particular one you mentioned here. Thanks.
and keep up the great Ceph growing!!!!!
Mikala.

I think the other fish food would work fine. I like the BetaBioGold since the pellets are soooo small - around 1/16 of an inch, perfect little spheres that are perfect for small pitchers.

Cheers,
I have some other granulated and pelletized fish foods I may give a go (I am also addicted to raising tropical fish, and aviary birds, seemed to get hooked easily!!).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mikala @ Mar. 17 2005,6:01)]Cheers,
I have some other granulated and pelletized fish foods I may give a go (I am also addicted to raising tropical fish, and aviary birds, seemed to get hooked easily!!).
What tropical fish do you have? Are you into salt water?

Back