Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A sad loss indeed......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Here's a couple of plants I had for many years. I had to go out of town for 3 weeks in late summer about a month after these photos were taken. When I got back I found these plants as well as most of the rest of my collection was attacked by some kind of animal, my guess was racoons. They tipped the pot over and tore the plants from the growing medium. I'm not sure what they were after. 90% of my collection was lost. I lost about 15 pitcher plants 5 VFT and about 10 sundews. Anyone else ever have animals attack their plants outside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My VFTs get ravaged every time I put them outside. I could do it just overnight and there'd be a good chance I'd come back to damage. Something eats the traps off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats sad. I once saw an aphid next to my vft. but thats as close as I got to wild animal damage.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My cats are OBSESSED with drinking out of my trays and knocking the pots over... even when there is CLEAN water right next to them. I lost my okee giant seedling from shock because they knocked the pot over and the plantlet came out of its pot for a few hours. Let's just say I was ticked...... to an extreme. It took everything in me not to cuss.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Outdoors" is a dangerous place, depending on where you live. At my place, the problems are dogs, ducks, geese, chickens, children, horses. In other areas it is squirrels, or possums, deer, bear, fire ants, birds, urban vandals, etc. The list goes on. Pick your favorite.

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is a favorite unless you mean favorite most hated! LOL.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, The hybrid I grew from seed that I collected from one of my plants in around 1993 or 94. This picture was taken in 2002. I'm going off of memory, but I believe I collected the seed from this plant.

I had about 15 pitcher plants and hybrids sitting on a table on my deck, and many of them were in bloom at the same time, in close proximity to each other. If I had to guess I would say this was the the other parent, but who really knows.

What do you guys think could these be the parents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats very nice, and a very sad loss, I would be happy to replenish your stock at the spring CCPS meeting, P.S. if anyone is interested someone sent me an S. Rubra spp. Wheryi today and it had an extra smaller plant, if you want it I would be very willing to trade
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast