What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a 1 yr. old (leuco x alata) x flava.  by far, this particular seedling has outgrown everything else that sprouted last year:
areoxflava1yrold.jpg

a pleasant surprise.  my wife's grandma dug up some pink ladyslippers for me last year.  stuck 'em in a pot with some Sarracenia with no expectations.  surprised to see this coming up (sorry for the blurry pic - forgot to change my camera setting):
ladyslipper.jpg

the next two are a 2 yr. old seedling from my first ever crosses.  the labels all faded in the sun last year, so I have no idea what it really is.  i did a couple of crosses with a leuco x oreo that year, and this looks alot like that plant, so I am assuming it is 50% that:

leucooreounknown2yr.jpg

leucooreounknown2yr2.jpg

a leuco x moorei in full bloom:

leucoxmooreiflowers.jpg

this is more typical of a 1 yr. old seedling, at least among mine.  this particular one is 'Monster Mash' x 'Citronelli':

monstermashxcitronelli1yr.jpg

a 2yr. old seedling.  it's from some seeds Sarraceniaobsessed sent me, from a wild open-pollinated moorei.  this one appears to have retrogressed to mostly flava:

mooreiop2yr.jpg

another 2 yr. old seedling.  i only did one cross with a psittacina-bearing hybrid that year, so this one has to be (leuco x alata) x [psittacina x (purpurea x minor)].  this particular one looks alot, shapewise, like a primary hybrid with psittacina.  interesting how the genetics can work.  notice the white fluffy stuff growing on it.  some saprophyte that's been plaguing my plants since moving into the greenhouse.  Physan seems to knock most of it out, but I haven't treated them in over a month:

psitthybrid2yr.jpg

a rubra gulfensis x mitchelliana flower getting ready to open:

rubraxmitchflower.jpg

lastly, another 2 yr. old seedling.  really ticks me off those labels faded in the sun.  i really have no idea as to what it could be:

unknown2yr.jpg

Great photos.

Can't believe you have flowers out already! It'll be a few weeks until they appear here and they'll be out in April.

Very nice pics and very nice plants!!
Um, I am sure it is covered somewhere, but how does one post pics to this forum. Do they need to be saved at another location first?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Feb. 25 2005,11:41)]Great photos.

Can't believe you have flowers out already! It'll be a few weeks until they appear here and they'll be out in April.
once i moved them into the greenhouse the week after christmas, everything seemed to break dormancy rather quickly. especially the flava's and some of the flava hybrids. i had one flava whose flowers opened on Feb. 1. i would guess most of my flowers are about 2 weeks away from opening.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Woodnative @ Feb. 25 2005,11:53)]Very nice pics and very nice plants!!
Um, I am sure it is covered somewhere, but how does one post pics to this forum.  Do they need to be saved at another location first?
thanks for the comments. you can host pics right on this website. go to home.petflytrap.com to get set up.

Back