What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leuco suprise

Small shock today! Hummer's Hurricane Creek White is sending up its first scape for me. Would be a treat to see that red flower next to so pale a pitcher.

This means you'll have seed! and many, maaaaaany long lost friends! most of which the name you oviously don't remember
smile_n_32.gif

Uh. What did you say your name was??????

UHH... Bog Hopper Need aplant

Congratulations!  Good for you. You've got mature plants. Yay!  

I've got 10 Hurricane Creek seedlings that germinated from about 20 seeds. So far that's 50% germination rate and 70-80% should be true to form. I might have seed to share... in about 4 years.

Should I keep those inside all year and forgo a dormancy to give them a boost this year?

No dormancy for 2 full years after sprouting, under lights 24/7. Dormancy is a must for the 3rd year or seedlings will most likely die.

Nice, Bugweed! It's always a thrill, I see, when you plants flower for you...even after 43 years growin'!! Makes me glad I picked a hobby that will never get old.

Back