Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographs 2005 season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "That 'White Sparkler' is a killer plant Miss L." Like Mother like Daughter! Tee he!

Why thank you and thank you again. But seriously, I can take no credit for this plant. It came to me in that good of condition yesterday and all I did was pot it up and snap a photo. I do love it and I love every plant I have bought from him.

editing to add something-
    I just noticed this, " my favorite nusery in town just got an order of sarracenia from cooks". Boy oh boy that man is a glutton for punishment! He's doing wholesale now in addition to all of his eBay listings and everything else he's got going on with his new job and buying out that other nursery PLUS a wife and kids and all those greenhouses to take care of??? Wow! I wish I had half his energy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob is a good man. Knows his stuff.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Rob from Botanique has proven to be a quality nursery. I have never gotten a bad plant from him and he packs them for shipping as if they were your great grandma's antique china. Everything arrives in the condition you see photographed. No bugs or weeds in any of his plants either and he keeps his website up to date. I hate bugs.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy Laura, you sure can pick your hobbies.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Joe, didn't know anyone was up this late. I have another new hobby as of yesterday. It's an even more obsessive hobby than growing CPs. It's called find the engagement ring before the husband comes home from camping with the kids. I was out gardening and was weeding in the early hours while it was still relatively cool and there was a lot of morning dew on the weeds I was pulling out of the ground. I was tossing the weeds in a pile to throw out later. The ring flew off my hand and it is out there somewhere. I've been out there on and off throughout the day with a metal detector trying to find my ring. Now what were you saying about how I really know how to pick my hobbies? Looks as if this CP habit of mine might have been more costly than I could have ever imagined. Time for me to sleep so I can get up bright and early to look for the ring again.

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's some crummy pics of my S.flava "coppertop" it stayed outside all winter and is only now finishing flowering (I think it's a coppertop, looks like one to me)
    Also I had to bring it inside to snap the pics, it would be brighter outdoors [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/mabudon/myflava.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/mabudon/myflava2.jpg[/img]
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ June 12 2005,12:20)]editing to add something-
    I just noticed this, " my favorite nusery in town just got an order of sarracenia from cooks". Boy oh boy that man is a glutton for punishment! He's doing wholesale now in addition to all of his eBay listings and everything else he's got going on with his new job and buying out that other nursery PLUS a wife and kids and all those greenhouses to take care of Wow! I wish I had half his energy.
    no they were not in wholesale just a couple of nice sarras, the only thing that was in large quantities was 10 S. purps and alot of weed D. inermedias other than that there was 2 cobras, 2 leucs, and some nice hybrids that I wish i could've afforded
    EDIT: Mabudon your pics are very nice, I would just like to add something, the lady there said she kept S. Moorei in her outdoor bog with no mulch and it does nicely, what are you guyseds thoughts, she doesnt mulch and the coldest it got this winter was around -20 degrees that day had a high around 6 degrees. Do you guys think I could add a small bog with a Moorei in it?
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here are some photos of my new sarracenia sorry theyre a little blurry:
    S. 'Moorei'

S. minor 'Giant' x alata:

S. flava var. Rugelii:

S. flava x rubra:

S. 'Ahlesii' clone #2 This is a fantastic Hybrid from Alabama, you'll never believe I gto it as a bonus in an order:

S. 'Readii' Alabama Red this is the one I paid for it's fantastic I hope it reddens up in the hot sun:
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS