Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographs 2005 season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Sarraceniaobsessed @ June 11 2005,8:03)]That copper top IS amazing. That is the MOST colorful copper top I have ever seen. Where'd you get it? (drool, drool, slurp, drool)
    Hi Brooks,
    I got the plant in a trade/purchase something more than 6 yrs ago (10??) and I have no record at all where I got it (before I kept decent records). Since then I've given or traded plants with a number of people and then they've given/traded, etc so the plant is 'out there'.

When Dean Cook can get some extras, he also sells this clone (& regularly requests more...).

I just gave away my last spare a few weeks ago and I owe one to another friend.

The S. flava rubricorporas have deep red tubes and this S. flava cuprea has a deep red lid but the S. flava atropurpureas I've seen tend to fade w/ time (I've heard about peat tea, etc). At Meadowview, they appear to hold their color well - maybe it's the intense sun??
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the S. flava rubricorpora that colored up so nicely.
    All the best,
    Ron

(with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RL,
    That would be the famed 'Kimber Red Ruffles' Dean sells then. I have gotten two and lost both of them to fungus. This clone seems to be highly prone to fungus for me. What are your growing conditions?
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Sarraceniaobsessed @ June 13 2005,8:24)]RL,
    That would be the famed 'Kimber Red Ruffles' Dean sells then. I have gotten two and lost both of them to fungus. This clone seems to be highly prone to fungus for me. What are your growing conditions?
    Nope - never had a problem w/ fungus w/ that plant. During the summer of continual monsoons 2 yrs ago, I lost some VFTs to black spot (or something similar like anthracnose) before I even realized they were sick.

I've grown everything in 100% sphagnum peat for the last 5+ years w/o any issues until 2 yrs ago. This past winter, I switched 90% of my plants over to a 50:50 sand / peat mix. I think I may have put too much sand in some of the mixes because I'm not getting the wicking to the top of the pot. The surface becomes bone dry even though there is water in the tray.
    All the best,
    Ron

(with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, too much sand.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brooks, When you mentioned the 'Kimber Red Ruffles', were you referring to the S. flava cuprea plants that RL7836 sent to Dean Cook or to the S. flava rubricorpora photographed above? Maybe you were referring to the atropurpurea? Did somebody go and register RL7836's flava var cuprea plants? I can't find 'Kimber Red Ruffles' listed anywhere as a registered cultivar. Just curious as it is a spectacular plant. If it isn't a registered cultivar, it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure i place my photo in this thread and han i forget to come check it for questions..............anyways no new Sarr pictures but here is one of my Ceph

cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an S. flava from North Carolina that I grew from seed a number of years ago (seed from Phil Wilson). The vertical hoods are typically retained throughout the season (although some hoods on a few pitchers do bend somewhat) (...and yes they are the 1st to fill up from rain and fall over...) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    All the best,
    Ron

(with Pics)