What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photographs 2005 season

September snaps!

5.jpg

S. minor var. okefeenokeesis (M14)

6.jpg

S.x areolata x alata red lid

7.jpg

S.x 'Lynda Butt'

8.jpg

S. leucophylla red tube Perdido, AL

9.jpg

S.x leucophylla x mitchelliana

10.jpg

S.x 'Juthatip Soper'

11.jpg

S.x alata x willisii

12.jpg

S.x popei

13.jpg

S.x catesbaei x rubra

14.jpg

S. alata Stone Co, AL (A46)

2.jpg

Leucophylla autumn pitchers emerging

1.jpg

S.x moorei x leucophylla green and white

3.jpg

Flytraps at maximum growth

4.jpg

15.jpg

S.x formosa x excellens, the second photo shows an opening pitcher

Very nice! I love that bed of Flytraps. I feel bad for any bug that gets anywhere NEAR that
smile_n_32.gif

Not as impressive and diverse as Alvin Meister's collection (amazing) but here are a few snapshots on a nice day. My plants think it's Spring. Lots of new growth and flowering.

Oops... here's the pics. S. flava with some new pitchers, a flower stalk, and it recently divided into 4 plants

flavaflower.jpg

flava.jpg

flava2.jpg

S. leucophylla that is finally sending up new Autumn pitchers.

leuco.jpg

S. pupurea sprouting new pitchers each day with great colors and veins

pupurea.jpg

D. spatulata growing like a weed and flowering with a nice deep red color. At night the dew looks like a hot purple.

spatulata.jpg

Darlingtonia growing very well in my windowsill. The plant gets enough light while the roots stay very cool. Some pitchers already 12" high.

darlingtonia.jpg

My 'outside' collection. The new VFTs are slowly recovering inside with my Darlingtonia.

family.jpg

Thx but I can stop drooling over the intense color on your S.x 'Juthatip Soper'. What a beautiful plant!  
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Where can I find one of those?

It was bred by Matthew Soper of Hampshire Carnivorous Plants. It was put into tissue culture by Carniflora, Holland, so you'd have to negotiate with them getting a sealed flask over.

Coincidentally, I had just happened to snap a bunch of pics today, when I noticed all those wonderful pics that were added today.  Here's my Sept. contributions:

alabamensisxoreo.jpg

alabamensis x oreophila

alavaxmitchelliana2.jpg

(alata x flava) x mitchelliana - a two-year old seedling of a cross I did.  Here's a Profile Shot, and here's a Shot From The Back.  Overall, I'm excited about this one.  It has an interesting shape and nice coloration.

areolataxpurpxpsxm.jpg

areolata x [(psittacina x purpurea) x minor].  another 2 yr. old seedling from a cross I did.  Slightly reminiscent of Scarlett Bell, but with less white spotting and the lids tend to open up.

catf2.jpg

x catesbaei F2

citronellixflavaxpsitt1.jpg

'Citronelli' x (flava x psittacina) - this is a 1 yr. old seedling of a cross i did. Here's some brothers and a Sister

excellens_alataxoreoxmitch.jpg

that's an x excellens on the left and an (alata x oreophila) x mitchelliana on the right. just love the red tint on that one.

extremeunctionxladiesinwaiting1.jpg

another 1 yr. old seedling. not quite as grown up as the other 1 yr. olds. oh yeah, it's 'Extreme Unction' x 'Ladies In Waiting'. Still kind of early to tell, but looks to be a colorful plant. Here's a Couple of Siblings.

flavaxpsitt_excellensxformosa.jpg

flava x psittacina at the front, excellens x formosa in the back.

flavaxpsittxoreoxwillisii.jpg

(flava x psittacina) x (oreophila x willisii) - 1 yr. old cross of mine. these are all kind of plain-Jane looking, except for this rogue Sibling, showing some promise from this particular cross.

I have more pics to put on here, but I am out of time for now. stay tuned.

fliesdemises.jpg

'Flies Demise'

leucoxcourtii.jpg

leucophylla x courtii

leucoxgilpinixalata2.jpg

[leucophylla x (psittacina x rubra)] x alata nigrapurpurea. A 1 yr. old cross of mine. I like it. Seems to have gotten most of its genes from its dad. Here's a Frontal shot.

leucoxoreoxminor.jpg

(leucophylla x oreophila) x minor. another 1 yr. old. not as developed as other 1 yr. olds, but starting to show some adult characteristics. looks like it will have a lot of minor showing through. here's a Side view.

lovebug.jpg

'Love Bug'

minorxxxx2.jpg

a 2 yr. old unknown seedling. it was a stowaway in a potted plant I bought at Meadowview. obviously minor x something. rubra I'm thinking.

monstermashxcitronelli1.jpg

'Monster Mash' x 'Citronelli', another 1 yr. old cross. Here's a much less colored

sibling.

mooreixflavaFL.jpg

moorei x flava - 2 yrs. old. the only surviving seedling from a pack of seeds Brooks sent me a couple of years ago. I thought he said they were from the Wilkerson bog, but I could be mistaken. They were labelled something like Walton Co., FL.

oreoxpsittxmoorei.jpg

(oreophila x psittacina) x moorei - yet another 1 yr. old. still just a baby, but looks promising, color-wise.

oreoxwill.jpg

oreophila x 'willisii'

readiif2.jpg

x readii F2 - this plant is about the size of a 2-3 yr old seedling, although it's at least 4-5 yrs. old. I wonder if it happens to be due to it being inbred.

rubraxoreoxpurp.jpg

(rubra x oreophila) x purpurea

rubraxoreoxredruffles.jpg

(rubra x oreophila) x purpurea 'Red Ruffles'

uunknowncrump.jpg

unknown, minor x psitt x
confused.gif

Unknown 2 yr. old seedlings, from crosses I did in 2002.  The labels faded away, so I'm left to guess what they are.

uunknown2yr.jpg

i think this is probably a sibling to the (alata x flava) x mitchelliana shown earlier.

uunknown2yr2.jpg

not sure on this one

uunknown2yr3.jpg

this is the only surviving seedling from a pack of mixed hybrid seeds I got from the ICPS. the rest were eaten by something, about 3 weeks after germination.  slugs perhaps?  anyway, looks kind of catesbaei-ish.

uunknown2yr4.jpg

this one is either (rubra x mitchelliana) x (rubra x moorei), or areolata x (leuco x oreo).  same with this
one, this one, this one, and this one.  I think they are probably all siblings, and from the areolata x (leuco x oreo) cross.

uunknown2yr7.jpg

this one, i think, is either (rubra x mitchelliana) x (rubra x moorei) or (rubra x chelsonii) x (leuco x oreo).  I think the latter.

uunknown2yr5.jpg

I'm almost positive this is areolata x (leucophylla x oreophila), just because it looks so much like the areolata parent

SARRACENIA! YOU ARE A SHOW OFF!!!!! (Don't stop now!!!!!!!!)
BTW, Walton County is the county that the now famous Wilkersons Bog is from. There are now two Wilkerson's Bogs as Mrs. Wilkerson's brother-in-law, Bud, also has a good size CP bog on his property.

Finally- my first picture post!
These first two are from the Botanical Garden in Hamburg, Germany. My Mum took the pictures this summer during her stay with relatives.

Resized_CP_Germany02.jpg

Resized_CP_Germany03.jpg

This next set speaks for itself.

Resized_SarraBee01.jpg

Resized_SarraBee02.jpg

Resized_SarraBee04.jpg

This one is of a baby offshoot of Liberty County, Florida rubra.
Resized_S_Rubraling.jpg

Big thanks to Bug for giving me these babies! There'll be more pictures to come and the next time I can get my mom's camera, I'll get some more! Great pictures, everyone!

P.S. If these pictures are still to big, let me know and I can size 'em down further.

I loved the sequence of the wasp on the lip then down the tube then in the tube. Very nice!

Sarracenia... as always... beautiful plants.

Alexis... as always... beautiful plants although I couldn't get the S. popeii or one other to load because I timed out. Rats!

Gorgeous photos everyone!

Back