Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yahoooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man bugweed, i feel small and insignifigant [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] I have about 14 last count
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon you guys. Look at my growlist, and the years I have been at this. With that list, its no wonder I have as many as I do. However, if you want your jaw to drop down to your shoes, ask Brooks Garcia how many blooms he deals with every year. Or PDX, or Imduff, or Jay Lechtman. Lots of folks have more plants than me.
    Look at Dean Cook! YOW!!!!!!!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My S.minor Long county Georgia has a flower stalk that will open the blooms in about a week. Would you like me to save some pollen for you,Dave?
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice growlist bugweed, man i cant wait untill get up there with you
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Screw my growlist, Kirk! PDX wrote awhile ago, and cut off about 300 scapes. He still has some select scapes for crosses and such, but he trimmed the rest. I don't think I will come close to 300 scapes.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PDX and I have been laughing about this. I have cut 530 scapes so far. Last year was 670. I am also keeping only the flava and leucophylla going. One of my minor Okee Giants would have had around 56 blooms but........mwa ha ha.

Phil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a ton too. I'm too lazy to count. Perhaps a hundred or so. Had flavas open on Feb. 1. Leuco x moorei about 2 weeks later. Most should be open soon. I'll probably whack off most of them. I'm not getting much opportunity to do crosses this year. That's okay, since i have and will have too many seedlings to know what to do with. I did cross 'Cobra Nest' with (alata x oreophila) x mitchelliana. Should get some nice red plants out of that one. I pollinated 'Mardi Gras' with 'Hummer's Hammerhead' once last week, but i haven't been back since. I'll probably make a few more once it's all said and done, but it won't be like years past. Especially if the slugs or caterpillars or whatever's been munching on them continue to have their way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 on my alata white flower, 1 on my popei x flava cuprea. It's been cold here, but is now warming up. Temps will be 70F at the weekend, so I should see a lot of flowers suddenly appear over the next few days.

Last year I had 40 flowers in total.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast