What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora question

hey guys, I recieved a flowering H. Nutans earlier, for some reason the flowers all died, but the plant kept producing pitchers, It is very happy now, however I am wondering ow long it will take for another flower to appear, this plant is very mature and has about 15 pitchers currently with new ones developing, It seems to be very happy with its conditions, and gets misty, cool nights. So how long will it most likely take for another flower to appear?

HI Kirk:

That's a good question. I have had a Nutans giant for a while and they seem to flower once a year under my conditions

Gus

Hi
After I repotted my mature H. nutans they took ages to flower again. But since about a year ago they have been flowering almost constantly!
smile.gif

So I think its often just a case of the plant adjusting. Once happy it will reflower and like Neps it can take a while
smile_m_32.gif

cheers

bill

awe man! so I guess I wont have a flower for the flower show, maybe next year I will

Heliamphora take forever to establish themselves, thats one of the tricks to growing them, don't repot unless absolutely necessary!

Back