Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flippin' ca carnivores

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day I will order from Calif. Well when I have money and find a plant I would like to order

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently ordered the collecton of Mexican Pinguicula from California Carnivores. I made a point of telling them exactly what I already had in my collection and they were very careful about not including duplicates of what I already had.

I don't want to make you feel any worse about this matter, but you really should have been more specific with your order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarracenia,

I'm gonna have to side with the crowd. . . and CA Carnivores for that matter. The collection you ordered clearly states "Our selection," as do many other nurseries, hatcheries, etc. The whole purpose of assembling and offering a collection is to put together a compilation of plants that allows the vendor to balance inventory and pass on the savings as an end result. It wouldn't be financially feasible to offer a "you choose" collection of $20 each plant for say half that much where you select only what you want. Otherwise, you would defeat the purpose of the OUR CHOICE. I have purchased plants from many sources and know the owners there to be fair and accommodating. Now if you purchased a specific fancy hybrid and paid the amount stated, and then didn't get what you expected, then you'd have grounds for complaint. A phone call may have alleviated your frustrations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (KingDom079 @ April 01 2005,1:52)]The collection you ordered clearly states "Our selection"... A phone call may have alleviated your frustrations.
    Absolutely good advice. I am not aware of any CP vendors that are getting rich at their commercial hobby. Most are in the business as a way to support their CP addiction. The successful ones try hard to have happy customers. The constant refrain from these small businesses is, "If only they would let me know ..." Rather than moaning in a public forum, try contacting the company first. If the problem was not your own sloppy communication in ordering, and if it was their fault and they tell you to stuff it, then you have some basis for complaint.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's really your error.

send them back, get a refund if they will allow it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time, Oh Great Venter, call Pete. I find Peter to be a very nice and reasonable fellow. I have to agree that you could have called him. Believe me, he would have listened, and tried his best to work with you.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to take sides, but what the heck, since the topic was already started, I will share my first and only order from cc just a couple weeks ago. I ordered a 3-yr old S.oreophila x flava "virginia", which I don't already have and got email confirmation for same. What I got is this:

Read the tag and look at the plant behind it. Funniest looking sarracenia I've ever seen. Must be quite rare! I sent a respectful email with the picture (note the tag taped around the pot just as I received it) the very same day I received it, expressing my disappointment at a 4-inch very scraggly drosera (which I already have plenty of) instead of what I ordered and paid for. Never got a response. And that for a whopping $20. plus shipping. Well, I live and I learn... but why is it always the hard way? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ April 01 2005,4:44)]
    Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ April 01 2005,6:21)]i suppose this will get deleted anyways, since it talks about a "rival" company.
    I could be mistaken, but I am under the impression that only applies if you're discussing a product they sell that PFT also sells.
    Well, I was told it's other nurseries period. I got in trouble for posting about a trip to California Carnivores and I posted about a dissapointing order from another nursery (none of the plants were also sold by PFT) and that post was deleted for "advertising" the other nursery.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast