Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flippin' ca carnivores

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my semi-annual rant:

so it was my birthday a couple days ago. for my gift to myself, i decided to order 2 fancy sarra hybrid collections (12 plants altogether). i sent a little note with the order saying I have a ton of hybrids already, so if you could avoid common, primary hybrids, that would be appreciated. anyway, i get the order yesterday and what do I see?

out of the 12 plants:

4 are (rubra x oreophila) x purp, which I have 2 of already.
    2 are leuco x rubra, which I have at least a couple of as well.
    there was a catesbaei, a popei, and a leuco x oreo, all of which I have. i know they are all hybrids and will therefore be unique, but still?!? there were only 3 plants I got that I didn't already have: a willisii x flava cuprea, oreo x minor, and (alata x minor) x (oreo x minor).

am I wrong to feel miffed over this?

i suppose this will get deleted anyways, since it talks about a "rival" company.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well you could have specified what hybrids you already have.....
    but they sent a fair amount of primary hybrids when you told them not to send primary hybrids so thats their fault

I would be annoyed like you if I told a nursery not to send a particular plant(s) and they sent it anyway
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmm. Well I'm not surprised since you didn't specify! Those collections are designed for beginners who aren't bothered what they get, as long as they're nice.
    Another certain well known nursery has 85 hybrids on their website you could have chosen. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]

Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good point there alvin
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ April 01 2005,6:48)]Mmm. Well I'm not surprised since you didn't specify! Those collections are designed for beginners who aren't bothered what they get, as long as they're nice.
    Another certain well known nursery has 85 hybrids on their website you could have chosen. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    well, i did specify no primary hybrids. what i'm most miffed about is getting 4 of the same and 2 of the same. i've ordered a few of their collections over the years and have always gotten a bunch of wild, complex hybrids. don't know what the deal was this time though. as far as that other nursery, i have most of those already!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ April 01 2005,6:21)]i suppose this will get deleted anyways, since it talks about a "rival" company.
    I could be mistaken, but I am under the impression that only applies if you're discussing a product they sell that PFT also sells.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose you could have specified a bit more stillk though they should have sent you something better
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ April 01 2005,10:21)]my semi-annual rant:

so it was my birthday a couple days ago. for my gift to myself, i decided to order 2 fancy sarra hybrid collections (12 plants altogether). i sent a little note with the order saying I have a ton of hybrids already, so if you could avoid common, primary hybrids, that would be appreciated. anyway, i get the order yesterday and what do I see?
    I do not see from your post that you told them, NO PRIMARY HYBRIDS. Generally you will need to be specific and say exactly what you mean. You only asked them to avoid common, primary hybrids, it would be appreciated. Your message does not say, not to send you primary hybrids.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast