Here's the current Sarracenia list:

Sarracenia -- hybrid 7
    Sarracenia flava 28
    Sarracenia leucophylla 39
    Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purp. var heterophylla 16
    Sarracenia purpurea ssp. venosa 100
    Sarracenia rubra ssp. alabamensis -- ESA/CITES 20 CITES -- USA only
    Sarracenia rubra ssp. jonesii -- ESA/CITES 100

I'm not sure if this is representative of the Sarracenia seeds normally available. However, it probably is reasonably representative of the total number of Sarracenia varieties - give or take a few. For more info, you can probably email John (email on the seedbank page at bottom).

The entire list is available online at:
    http://www.carnivorousplants.org/seedbank/seeds.php

For comparison, here's page one of the CPS seedbank:
    http://www.thecarnivorousplantsociet...dbanklist.html

All the best,
    Ron Lane
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very salient points indeed.

I posted my similar concerns about seedbank and its lackluster stock.

I was met with the proverbial institutional "brick wall" responses.

It would seem that the concerns of an ICPS member should not be rebuffed; especially, when that member is trying to improve the ICPS.

ICPS members are encouraged to contribute to the ICPS. Yet, when they do, they are rebuffed on why the ICPS seedbank can not be better than the UK CP seedbank.

I FEEL LIKE I AM TAKING CRAZY PILLS!

Small minds always seek the warmth of continuance of the status quo.

The secret "behind the scenes" allotment of choice seed to "preferred" seed donors is deplorable.

The ICPS is a supposedly open society. All members should be treated equally. This behind closed doors nepotism should raise the outrage of all ICPS members.

The weak argument to justify their behaviour is that there are few seed donators and without them there would be no donations.

If it takes voting out all current ICPS office holders - so be it. For such important positions, I can not believe that no ICPS office holder has not stood up to these Draconian standards.

I say, open up the ICPS seed bank to all ICPS members!

FREE THE SEED!

Tweek
    \"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.\" - EInstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S. purp. heterophylla thats not there anymore. At least not on the normal list. I would love it but I don't really want to bug John with my three credits hanging around.
    My seed this year. After it goes to promised people I will give the rest to the seed bank but I only have aproximate crosses. I mean they were hand pollinated but they were also open. John did not like my North American Drosera mix last summer. Anyway the only problem with the seed bank is lack of exact location. I mena I have gotten some seed that is straifying that was labeled something like: S. popei from ( S. rubra ssp. rubra BLAh Blah road NC x. and so on). That would never fit on one of those nice labels.
    But all said I love the seed bank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just kidding on that purp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]The weak argument to justify their behaviour is that there are few seed donators and without them there would be no donations.
    I wonder why there are so few donators? Any ideas? Anyone know why the CPS is loaded while the ICPS is not?

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (tweek @ April 13 2005,7:00)]The secret "behind the scenes" allotment of choice seed to "preferred" seed donors is deplorable.

The ICPS is a supposedly open society. All members should be treated equally. This behind closed doors nepotism should raise the outrage of all ICPS members.

The weak argument to justify their behaviour is that there are few seed donators and without them there would be no donations.

If it takes voting out all current ICPS office holders - so be it. For such important positions, I can not believe that no ICPS office holder has not stood up to these Draconian standards.

I say, open up the ICPS seed bank to all ICPS members!
    Hi Tweek,
    I'm not sure I understand your complaint about the ICPS seedbank.

You feel if they stopped 'rewarding' the people who actually donate the seed to the seedbank that there would be more seed available to the people who take seed out of the seedbank?

You're obviously upset about their allotment process but I'm having some difficulty following your logic.

I donate seed to the seedbank so I'm aware of what 'special' seed is available to donors and I can very honestly say that the small amount of 'special' seed that is held for donors is truly nothing special (at all) - as far as I have seen.

If you are thinking that there is all this really great stuff if only it was open and available to everyone - think again. Last year there were a few packets of 'all red' VFT seed and a few weeks ago there were 2 packets of D. arcturi seed available to donors (& more stuff that was even less special). The special stuff doesn't come close to what the CPS offers and I don't think that changing the rules to stop giving donors a small benefit will help the ICPS improve the rate of donation.

OTOH - it appears that your recommendation would reduce the rate of donations. Help me understand your logic because it appears that I'm missing something... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I forgot to refesh my window ignore the post about the purp. not beeing there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the CPS really got that big of a inventory?

Cheers,

Joe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast