Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Darlingtonia help!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura: oh.. that Audrey. I was thinking Little Shop....

April: See, right movie... right actor... right scene.... mixed up nationalities. I remember the cow. Yes, I enjoyed that very much!

Check this out:

My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job, Jimscott! April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cardinal flower is listed as very endangered here, and nodding trillium as extirpated. The nodding trillium I have are from SE Central Wisconsin from a friend's land. The cardinal flower are from the Lakewood Forest preserve, from which I was able to get seed. I put the seed back out into Lakewood every fall, into their required environment. I'm happy to say that I have seen an increase in the number of native genotype Cardinal flower at Lakewood. The other rare stuff I have...I had given to me, or bought.

Gardeners, as you know, can be an excellent hedge against extinction. That's why I grow native plants, especially the more hard to find local genotypes.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have just successfully hijacked this poor guy's thread. I have some interesting news. Last year you found a remnant here of Puzzy Toes (Antennaria plantaginifolia). For the record, the filters here at Terra are forcing me to substitute two Zs for the two Ss that belong in that plant's common name. If you recall, there were two under developed plants that were struggling to survive and one that looked as if it was on its way to plant heaven. I cleared that area of several invasive species and I have 7 Puzzy Toes this year in that spot and they look considerably healthier than what we saw last year. I also noticed wild geranium over there today as well as false solomon's seal.

Jim, send me your address... April says that Audrey is a year away from being a good dog and I do like to share when ever possible. I'll chip in the jumbo crate to get her out to you. Lynn will be oh so thrilled and no worries about your Fluffy... Audrey likes cats. She particulalry likes to drop kong toys on their heads. For some reason mine don't like to play with her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got to be kidding...you can't mention the common name of a plant, Pu55y Toes, because it might offend some dork? Pu55y Toes are so named because the flowers look like cat's toes. Cats, in the olden days, were called Pu55ies. This was before the word became a crude, disgusting, synonym for female genitalia. It got co-opted...kind of like the word gay. 5's look kind of like S's, BTW.

Glad your pu55y-toes are doing well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEY!! I deliver pizza's to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. In D.C.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure hope it isn't for Dominos! Yiiiccchhhh!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast