Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S. flava trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ April 16 2005,4:52)]you'd be surprised at some of the burn marks on my S. leuco. Tarnok, and S. Oreo x Flava, as well as S. flava, I put them in full sun in the greenhouse, they got burned within the hour
    yes, burning definately happens,
    but again, the fact that leaves burn does *not* mean they are getting "too much light"!...
    it means they werent getting enough light before they burned!

the plant will still be better off putting it into the "burning light"..even if the old pitchers burn.
    because the new pitchers will take the light without burning, and the plant as a whole will be better off with the high intensity light in the long run..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, unfortunatly it seems that u need ur own website to post pics hear so ill just describe the scene. about a month ago i got 2 pp, 2 dews, and 2 bladderworts. they came bareroot so i potted them all in a 50/50 peat/sand mix and have them standing in a long low tray which i add distilled water when it drys out at the bottom. the two bladderworts are doing fine (there even flowering, but i hear there easy), one of my dews is doing fine, but it doesnt seem its grown any new leaves, the other one looks like its leaves are drying out like the s.flava and my poor s.flava looks like its completly dead! its all brown and crispy (but the mix is moist!) i have it right next to my vft and its doing the best out of them all! i have them all in my basement (which is low humidity, but the trays of water had down pretty weel for my vft) there under a grow light thats only a couple of inchs above the tallest of them ( the s.flava) its that close due to the flowers that im growing right next to them. plz help me! i dont think i can save my s. flava, but maybe i can save my dews, plz help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one more thing the temps. in the bsement are a bout 70.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are probably adjusting to the different conditions you have compared and just ned time to adjust. Give them 2-3 weeks and they should be growing great.
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can get free picture hosting space right here!
    go to:

http://home.**********.com

click on "web home community" and "create new account", then you will be able to upload photos and post them in messages!

thats strange about the S. flava.
    I dont know what could be causing it to decline.
    try to upload some photos and post them in this thread, that will probably help figure out what is going on.

do you have anywhere outdoors you can out your plants where they will get full sun?
    at least the Sarrs and VFTs..they will do MUCH better outdoors.

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the sound of it you have a fungus. There are a number that do a quick nasty job on Sarrs. First they look a little wilted and then they crisp out. I have seen it happen to a plant in less than 2 days.

Unfortunatly at this point there is not a lot you can do to save the plant. You might be able to harvest a scale but getting those to grow can be tricky at best.

I would recommend you get a fungicide to treat your other Sarr as well. Something like Cleery's 3336 or Daconil.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, we agree with Pyro. Sounds like rhizome rot.

Trent and Michelle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/z5guy/nature%20014.jpg[/img]

ok, i made a little home page and hears my s.flava i took it yesterday.

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/z5guy/nature%20015.jpg[/img]

hears my poor dew.

[img]http://home.**********.com/users/z5guy/nature%20016.jpg[/img]

and heres the whole set up ( except for my vft, who is not in the pic. tell me what you think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast