Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home depot sarrs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Check out these Sarrs that I found while looking at compact flourescents at Home Depot! All CP's there were $2.50 each. They had standard VFT's, Sarrs (one leucophylla, a lot of purpurea, some minor, and this weird unknown one that I bought...), some P. moranensis that were so huge, they looked like cabbages, and Drosera capensis and adelae. They were all called Octopus Plant and Starfish Plant and crap like that ^_^.

My mom was ticked that I murdered all of the ones I got off of the internet, but she liked the look of the S. purpurea, so we bought 4 Sarrs and one VFT. She's insisting that we grow them her way, and leave them in the foyer, which only gets a smidgen of light through a window in the evening. There was also this weird moss that was in the pots. I'm not sure if it's sphagnum or not.

They must have just got them in, because although alot of the purpurea were dented and stuff, they all didn't look too bad. My mom didn't want any Drosera, because they looked too straggly, and the cabbage-sized Pinguicula only had one snibbly looking flower on it. Here they are set up in the foyer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pots have some weird moss growing on top of the soil. I'm worried, because I'm not sure if it's sphagnum or not.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are some nice looking plants. It's a shame they're going to suffer a slow death wasting away from lack of light. I hope you can change your mom's mind before it's too late! Show her the CP FAQ.
    As for the moss, it shouldn't hurt established plants too much, I don't think. But that might indicate an excess of nutrients in the soil, in which case the plants should be moved to new media.
    I think you should tell your mom that Drosera always look straggly and Pings hardly ever flower, and go get some more, because those are the only plants that stand a chance of surviving that low light.
    Best luck!
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! VERY nice indeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man! What home depot do you shop at?
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one near my house! ^_^ Anyone that lives in western PA that actually wants to go to this Home Depot PM me.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are from the same company as the ones I got from the fair here. You must live in cali to find them at home depot. The plants are great, and grow fast. You should really get one of their pings man. They're huge, and catch bugs better than anything. The one I bought like 2-3 weeks ago is sending up some violet flowers right now, looks just like a sticky african violet. I love this commercial nursery [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img].

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that these all are TC plants, and if I put them outside right away, they'll toast. How should I adjust them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast