User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cobra lily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how anything about these? Would I be able to grow them in Wisconsin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, no problems. Plant them out in peat (or live sphagnum moss, which I find is better) and watch them grow. Keep them wet though.

They can take severe cold in winter too.

Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, Darlingtonia! I just cut 10 new stolons off one of my parent plants yesterday, so I'm stoked. I'll tell you what though, it sure reeked [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_t_32.gif[/img] Nothing like the poignant smell of rotting insects in a Cobra Lily...

Anyway, yeah, like Alvin stated, "no problems". Cool summer nights are beneficial.

-Homer

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I am experimenting with:Re-inspired by BobZ's picture a couple weeks ago in another topic, I decided to buy yet another Lowes cube of Cobra Lily. first I had to get rid of, I mean re-pot the VFT & D. adelae.

I thought I had this cobra lily thing beat when I has seedlings in a mini-bog setup. They were doing just fine until I decided to take some advice and poke drainage holes in the pail, toward the bottom. Within a week, they all shriveled up.

I am re-visiting a former failed variable - the infamous stream. I have made modifications. I am still using a Sterilite container, with all those holes. but this time, I put the cobra lily in a larger pot, with that plastic collar still emplaced, to hold everything in. But now I have rocks - BIG ROCKS - weighing down the Sterilite - like 30 lbs worth. I also put smaller stones on top of the collar, covering as much as I can. It aint going anywhere this time!!! I now achieved cool, running water over its roots, and a bit more permanence.

Wish me luck!