Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New pitcher plant owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably have a 'Dana's Delight' or 'Judith Hindle'.

These plants become very red and if they do, you are giving them all the sunlight they need and like. Most posts ask why their plant is staying green!
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL yeah I guess being in Texas is gonna bring out ALL the color in that thing. What is about the turn around time on these plants from initial shock to growing like crazy?

-Rail
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I found out it is a Dana's Delight.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too long. Not all sarras grow none stop throughout the season though. I don't know the particulars of 'Dana's Delight', but it seems to have a lot of leucophylla in it. It will possibly look its best in September and October.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quick update, my 'Dana's Delight' is staying the same color as it was when I bought it ( white pitchers with red viens ) but those pitchers are starting to die off and these red spikes are coming up from the center. I guess those are the new and improved Texas ready pitchers. Dos this mean my plant will be red from now on?

Also I noticed that my purple pitcher plant has stayed green but now has a small pitcher growing on the side, that tiny thing already has TONS of color, kinda orangish purple. I can't wait to see it all grown up.

Thanks for all the help guys I couldent have done it without you.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CCFC, The color of the growing point actually has little to do with the final color. They can be red up until the moment of opening when suddenly, the pitcher's red may fade (not saying yours will) and it will be green and gorgeous, or the red deepens, and your eyes are assaulted with beauty! Time, experience, and knowledge is what you will gain as you march down the line growing these plants. Then you throw in your 2 cents on the knowledge you have gained.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a rubra that didn't come out of shock for a month then again i have a leocophyla who's entire mass of pitchers simply wilted and died after a day, then a 3 days later the plant started to grow alarmingly fast, a week later i had the same plant i started with. i have also heard leocophyla grow slowly, i have no clue ar to what they are talking about [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] they grow just as fast as rubra i have and mardi gras i had.

happy growing [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugweed, you are awsome. Thanks again for the help.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12