What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shrimpy adult sarracenia

When I placed my S. Prupera outside for dormancy in Colorado I figured the climate should be able to bring it into dormancy. So I left it outside with a cup with holes in it on top of it to conserve moisture, And watered it every day. Two weeks later I see green sprouts shooting up. I didn't want it to die because it was weak from coming out of dormancy so I put it in the terrerium. Throughout the summer it has remained green, and not gotten much larger than I would expect a seedling to be. Before I but it outside it was red, and could probably have accomadated a small fly. Now it could probably barely take in a small ant. What happened?

Dormacy in Summer?
confused.gif

Its is far too early for dormacy right now, go back to the way you were growing it before and keep it cool for its dormacy(you should place it in dormacy from around mid october-mid november)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] So I left it outside with a cup with holes in it on top of it to conserve moisture

That'll encourage fungus as it's trapped in stagnant air.

Repot it and put it on a windowsill inside.

Back