User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shrimpy adult sarracenia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I placed my S. Prupera outside for dormancy in Colorado I figured the climate should be able to bring it into dormancy. So I left it outside with a cup with holes in it on top of it to conserve moisture, And watered it every day. Two weeks later I see green sprouts shooting up. I didn't want it to die because it was weak from coming out of dormancy so I put it in the terrerium. Throughout the summer it has remained green, and not gotten much larger than I would expect a seedling to be. Before I but it outside it was red, and could probably have accomadated a small fly. Now it could probably barely take in a small ant. What happened?

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dormacy in Summer? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Its is far too early for dormacy right now, go back to the way you were growing it before and keep it cool for its dormacy(you should place it in dormacy from around mid october-mid november)
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] So I left it outside with a cup with holes in it on top of it to conserve moisture
    That'll encourage fungus as it's trapped in stagnant air.

Repot it and put it on a windowsill inside.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list