What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It figgers!

• Thread starter Bugweed
  • Start date
Well, I had my hopes up to show off "Citronelle White Beauty's" latest leaf. During the couple of days before opening, the temps plummetted down into the high sixties, with a stiff wind. Got cold 'round here! As usually happens, the reddish anthocyanin wash was taking place on both the Citronelle plant, and Hummers Hurricane Creek White. The cold "set" the color in both plants. I now have "Citronelle RED Beauty" AND Hummer's Hurricane Creek RED"! LOL!!! I had a feeling that something was gonna happen to mess up the pure white top of the Citronelle, and the green and white top of the Hurricane Creek. It figures!

Thats the way it goes.Send me some of that 60F weather,I'm about to burn up here in south Ga.!! LOL

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Aug. 19 2005,10:36)]I now have "Citronelle RED Beauty" AND Hummer's Hurricane Creek RED"! LOL!!!
Always knew you had a little 'Red' in you, you hippie! If it makes you feel any better, my Hurricane Creek White is a little red And spindly (like me after a sunburn).
smile_n_32.gif

We've had a cold spring and a mild summer. Where be de heat??????

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Aug. 20 2005,5:04)]We've had a cold spring and a mild summer. Where be de heat?
confused.gif
??
I think we have your heat here, in the city of brotherly love, Bugweed. You can have it--all we Easters do is complain anyway.
smile_m_32.gif

Sorry Bugweed, I don't see how a mild snap of the high sixties can affect the color of leucophyllas. We have plenty of snow white plants here where it's high sixties a lot of the time, in the fifties at night sometimes.

Sorry, Alvin! Forgot to mention the fog and wind that put the wind chill in the mid- forties here. It was COLD!! Strange weather for here. These plants are much more used to high 90's and mid 100's at this time of year. Now we are in the 80's. Weather is very unstable this year.

Ah!

I saw on our weather Texas is on 41C, 2 off the record for August.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We've had a cold spring and a mild summer. Where be de heat?
confused.gif
??

Two blocks away from my house. It's pretty depressing, the past weeks have been foggy and yuck! But if you go just a few blocks down, it's already noticeably more clear, a couple minutes in the car and you're in sunshine land! Oh well, I suppose that's the tradeoff for living so near to the coast. My heart goes out to you and your plants, Bug! On that note, the plants you gave me are doing awesome (enough to warrent the word "awesome" being in bold,) I should be posting some pics soon!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Aug. 19 2005,7:36)]During the couple of days before opening, the temps plummetted down into the high sixties, with a stiff wind. Got cold 'round here!
Hey, buggie and EST. I would be happy if the temps got up into the high sixties. Try Eureka in Humboldt County. We think a nice warm summer day is when the temps break 65F.

Back