Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here comes the heat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The optimum temperature for photosynthesis is 30C (86F). After this it declines, so 40C is probably the same as 20C-25C for efficiency.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Aug. 25 2005,11:22)]The tap water is the ONLY thing that I am worried about.
    I've been worried about it too. Those two plants have been just fine with nearly 3 months worth of tap water. Showing exelent new growth, maybie I'm one of the lucky ones who has safe tap water. All my other plants still get RO water though.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    consider your self lucky the heat of my bog is usualy 110, or at least the surface of the peat is, the venus flytraps dont stop clumping, the leucophylia grow much faster, with much more vigore and color, the rubras slow there growth and the life of a pitcher doubles, the sundews hate it but they deal, i dont know if this is beneficial but it dose change there way of growth, this global warming stuff is drying my other gardens as well. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned earlier in this thread, you should never water any plant onto the leaves when it's sunny. That's why gardeners water in the evening.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always kinda shake off the water droplets that stay on the leaves to reduce the magnifing effect. I figure haveing water running over the leaf itself will cool it down alot so when I mist I put the spray bottle on "Stream". I always water in the morning, mist midday (If it's over 100), and water in the evening. But that is only for the Nep's, everything else just gets water added to the tray.

-Rail
    My life sucks

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont worry about it. i water in the morning, afternoon, and evening. not all in one day of course [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

i take 2 clear rubbermaid tubs, same size. poke many holed about an inch up the bottom and plant everything in it. fill up the second with pure water and place the first into the second. that way theres always enough water and you don't have to worry nearly as often about them drying. i remove the first in the winter and let it dry out significantly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123