Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing heliamphora

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm having trouble with highland neps, but i have a shelf of my grow chamber that I have some Darlingtonia on that do well.

Maybe it would be good on that shelf?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it may be one of those things you just have to try. if your willing to take a shot at it keeling over on yah go for it, get the hybrid and try it. only harm done if it doesnt work is your pocket book takes a slight hit and you frustration level goes up a bit.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say the same, I have grown H. heterodoxa x minor, H. nutans, H. heterodoxa x nutans, and H. neblinae, unfortunately I've traded them all away (newbie mistake, trading plants you dont have extras of) anyways I had great success with them in Highland conditions, high humidity is a must and cooler nights help it to pitcher faster, coem to think of it, I am getting my first helis since the greenhouse this friday/saturday, H. tatie var. tatie, and H. heterodoxa, I bought them for a science expirement, anyone ever tried leaf pullings of Heliamphora, I figured it should work since they're in the sarraceniacea family too
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirk,
    I've rooted heliamphora pitchers with barely any rhizome attached. They basically fell off while I was dividing mine, so it should work. Let us know!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I have a small H. heterodoxa x minor its been doing good for me on the window sill it dosent get too much light, but it is growing ..super slow but growth none the less. It only has imature pitchers and I grow it in pure LFS.

NOW my question hw many heli growers are in hot places like Florida? I live in Miami, Florida so really the only place for me to keep them would be indoors, given that is would have constant temps of 75-69.

Is that appropriate? I've really been wanting to try other Helis, dieing for one with mature pitchers, but those are hard to find and pricey... but scard that I might kill it due to the growing conditions.

Any thoughts??

-Jc
    Heliamphora ... A genus that intrigues me and fills me with joy!

-Jc
    Miami, Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Juan if you check out nepenthesaroundthehouses website, he grows nepenthes and Heliamphora outdoors in Cali under shadecloth
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with the above posts, try it if you're willing to take the risk. I thought helis were off-limits to me, all I have available is a windowsill. My H.minor is now flowering and needs repotted. So try it, you may be suprised.

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colieo are yo in Florida aswell? I'll might try it in the future.. the thing that deters me is that Cali has cool nights Miami nights are pretty warm.

-Jc
    Heliamphora ... A genus that intrigues me and fills me with joy!

-Jc
    Miami, Florida

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast