What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchids

lol

BANNED
Aside from neps and cps, I'm looking for some nice plants, like orchids, tilladansia, and begonias, that I can use to fill out my grow space. Where can I go online, or wherever, to find some nice easy, inexpensive decorative plants like these? Thanks, I apreciate it.

try home depot and lowes for easy to grow cheap orchids, or ebay. you can purchase healthy ones that are done blooming at HD and the like for a fraction of the price. most will bloom again in anywhere from 3 months to a year.

andysorchids.com

If you have patience and want to save some money... you can check out Lowe's "Death Row"...the area for half-dead discounted plants. You can almost always find orchids there...some in bad shape, some that are just out of bloom. Even the ones in bad shape can be resurrected. But you have to have the patience to wait til they grow out. I have also taken plants that look poorly up to the manager and asked for a discount and they almost always give at least 50%. However you will not find anything very exotic at Lowes.

Ebay is another place for orchids at good prices. I have had good transactions with the people I bought from.

I just brought all my orchids inside last nite. This weekend will be sorting, cleaning, repotting and organizing them. Many of these orchids are the ones from my "$500 Worth of Plants for $5" Lowes experience. I also have to find space for my huge NBC and split-leaf philly.

Back