What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could they still grow?

I have some VFT seeds I tried to grow outside. The thing is I put some plastic wrap over them like this paper I got with it said to do. But that was if I was to grow them inside. So they didn't grow. I put them in the fridge with my other VFT. Is there any chance of them growing when I bring them out in the spring?

Putting paper on top reduces ventilation and increases the chances of damping off.

VFT seeds don't need stratifying as they fall to the ground in May and start growing. If you're not going to grow them inside on a windowsill, I would put them in a paper envelope and put them in the fridge dry. Then re-sow them in spring and they should grow.

I can't really take the seeds out of the peat moss. So they are kinda stuck in there.

Then take the paper off, place under grow lights, and get started. Keep above freezing, give them lots of light and plenty of pure water. And do your own research on growing and dormancy. There is a lot out there for you to see and experience, so start lookin'! The best way to do anything is to go by your "growing" experience as you move on in the hobby of CP. NO TAP WATER!!!

Back