What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. rotundifolia

Shoulda paid more attention! A ground cover moss I have problems with, did under my d. rotundifolia hibernacula. Buried it and killed it.
DANG! Anyone have a few rotunds they can bear to part with? You can send them any time of year as the cold won't affect the sleeping bud. I await your replies. HALP!!!!

smile_h_32.gif
Awwwww Bugweed thats so sad to here.. I wish i had extra to send you i would do so in a heartbeat.. I only have one at this time i just got.. I need to get few more myself.. I hope someone can help yaz out bud...
smile.gif

All of mine died in the heat of summer.If I had some,I would help you out.

Jerry

When I get situated in NY, I will give my collection a look for ya.

PM'd you buddy!

I tried an east coast form from massachusetts, thinking it would be more heat tolerant than a form from the Pacific NW. I put it outside in mid spring and it grew well until the day temps reached over 80f every day in June. The plant died fast in the Georgia summer. I have heard that there are varieties living in Southern Japan in a low elevation subtropical climate. Forms of D.rotundifolia have also been reported from coastal areas in the carolinas but it hasn't been confirmed. I wish the warmth tolerant forms were more common in cultivation. Right now, the only heat tolerant forms in cultivation are the NJ pine barens form and the elusive Evergrow variety.

It's funny that you mention losing D. rotundifolia to moss, because that's pretty much how I lost mine. I had it potted in live sphagnum and the moss ended up taking over the pot, choking out my poor little plant in the process.

R.I.P. little guy
smile_h_32.gif

Back