What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little Shop of Horrors

Yup, you read right. I'm playing drums for my college's rendition of Little Shop of Horrors this week/weekend. I can remember watching the movie (the one with Rick Moranis) when I was very young. In fact, I can almost trace my interest in CPs all the way back to the first time I watched that movie! Who knew that I'd be playing in the musical over a dozen years later. Great music and of course a great main character
smilie4.gif
I actually considered asking if we could change the plant to a sundew...
smile_n_32.gif
Now THAT would be cool!

Anyways, just thought I'd share this with you guys. I couldn't ask for a better production to be a part of, being a CP enthusiast and all
smile.gif

lol there doing that musical at my old high school this year. My brother's in it as the dentist (steve martin is da bomb). what a coincidence,

Zac

Drums?? I always wanted to play drums. That's pretty cool you're working with that play. Its a good one. I hope it goes well.
smile.gif

i saw a performance of it this past summer at a local summer theater, it was great. good luck.

Feed me Seymore!
Come on Seymore. A lot of folks deserve to die.

Audrey 2 the ultimate in Carniviorous Plants.

I want one because I have an ex that I wouldn't mind making plant food.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Im confused. Ive seen the movie, But how do they get a charecter like Audrey2 to look good onstage? I imagine a guy running around in a plant suit....
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Im confused. Ive seen the movie, But how do they get a charecter like Audrey2 to look good onstage? I imagine a guy running around in a plant suit....

One word... Puppets

Good luck, Mitch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Audrey 2 the ultimate in Carniviorous Plants

The huge big-mouth VFT that Tony donated to the NECPS auction looked a lot like Audrey 2 and still gives me nightmares!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]One word... Puppets

Exactly. We use many different puppets, from very small to extremely large (it gets to the point where a guy has to climb inside the largest puppets). It actually all looks very cool and very much like the movie.

By the way, opening night was tonight and it went well. One show down, five more to go!

Our school is doing that this spring. I'm most likely getting the role of Seymour and voicing the plant. I want to ask my teacher if i could change the script so i can take the part of the story where the plant comes from outer-space. I want Barry Rice to approve it as a carnivorous plant play.

we'll see what happens.

Sounds interesting! My younger brother plays the drums.

Well Golden VFT I have seen you poste way back into the forums hsitoey...
I love barry rices sarcasism and story embelishment :D

Cool, What are they gonna do for showing Audrey?

As far as playing drums goes, my favorite quote about it is:

"My parents wanted me to learn an instrument, so I choose drums and they bought me a whole setup, after about an hour they decided I was NOT going to be a drummer! That's how I picked up the Bass."
-Blackie Lawless, W.A.S.P.

Cool, I didn't know they'd rent out set pieces!

Thanks for the link, hmm, so it's all done up in foam and paint, no latex or silicone... Probably 100's of times lighter that way! :)

we were going to do that as the musical in the fall, but we did School house of rock instead... i would have wanted to be the dentist...

i wanted to do this b4 i graduated.

Neat, a musical? Good luck with it :).

"Feeeeeeeed me Seymore!!!"

I was on the sound crew for Little Shop of Horrors when I was in high school. It really is a great play, especially for high school thespians. It is so involved, has great props and sets, and is fun.

xvart.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! YEAH!!!! I got cast as Seymour!!!!!! yay... I think this might be the first time in history that a person who actually grows carnivorous plants will grow and sing about carnivorous plants in Little Shop of Horrors. if my friends record it, I'll try to put it online. This is going to be so awesome! We're also going to sell flytraps for fundraising. The problem is, we don't know where to get a flytrap the size of an apartment room that fits in our budget?

Yay!!!!!

I thought I would just express how i felt here :)

Back