What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting my Cephs this weekend

I have a clump of young Cephalotus and a very young "Hummer's Giant" that I'm going to be putting into bigger pots this weekend. I've read countless times that Cephs hate to have their roots disturbed, so I want to do this right. I plan on just taking the whole block of soil out of their 3 inch pots (keeping it all in one piece) and just placing that in a much bigger pot (5 inch). Is this ok? Any helpful tips will be greatly appreciated.

If your original mix is still ok and not breaking down and going slimy, then that is exactly what I would do. With most cps, I change the peat completely when repotting, but cephs can be temperamental so it is better to be safe than sorry and risk it dieing back.

Did exactly what you plan to do and my ceph is growing fine. I just cut carefully down the side of the pot and pulled the whole clump of soil out and put it in a larger pot.

Tell me how it turns out! I have to repot 2 Cephalotus soon. I'm going to use the same technique that you suggested.

Brian

Well I repotted them this weekend, just taking the blocks of soil out of the pots and placing them into the new, bigger pots. Neither of my Cephs have died yet, so I'm guessing that's a good sign
smile_n_32.gif

I'll be sure to post here again in a couple of weeks to let you guys know if my Cephs took well to their new pots.

Mine died of repoting....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ Jan. 25 2006,2:39)]Mine died of repoting....
How sad
smile_h_32.gif

Do you think you were too rough with them during the repotting process?

Back