What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi all, new here

tommyr

Gardening freak!
Just joined the forums here and fairly new to Venus fly traps although I've had them in the past with not much luck due to inexperience with them. Have one now I bought at a local gadren center, one of those 3" pot deals with the clear cover.

Just wanted to say hello.

Tom

01welcome7jb.gif

check out this thread for care info:
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....;t=1083

Welcome Tom! I hope you enjoy it here and learn a whole lot
smile.gif

Welcome ! There's lots of cool stuff and people here. It's an addiction that's not as bad as most. Don't ask my wife though !

Oops...man, I'm late on this one. But welcome to the forums! You've found the right place. Follow the simple instructions you'll find here and your flytrap will be just fine.
smile.gif

Stick around...you'll find yourself wanting more carnivorous plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 21 2006,8:53)]Oops...man, I'm late on this one.  But welcome to the forums!  You've found the right place.  Follow the simple instructions you'll find here and your flytrap will be just fine.  
smile.gif

Thanks!

Oh and I already bought 6 more PLUS a Nep which was a rescue from a local garden center, it was BONE DRY.

Tom

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommyr @ Feb. 21 2006,4:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 21 2006,8:53)]Oops...man, I'm late on this one.  But welcome to the forums!  You've found the right place.  Follow the simple instructions you'll find here and your flytrap will be just fine.  
smile.gif

Thanks!

Oh and I already bought 6 more PLUS a Nep which was a rescue from a local garden center, it was BONE DRY.

Tom
Welcome Tommy! I'm sure you will enjoy terraforums as it has alot of helpful people. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
dewy

Hi Tom and welcome to CP.... I mean TerraForums! Go and have fun!
smile.gif

Ya haven't lived until you drown your first darlingtonia. Or fried your ping, or dried out the sundews. Much to do, and things to learn. I have personally killed many plants, but I think I finally have it down. Keep on growing!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 21 2006,9:33)]Ya haven't lived until you drown your first darlingtonia.
That sounds like one of Jimscott's experiments.
smile_n_32.gif

welcome tom
just curious but what nep did you rescue?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Feb. 22 2006,9:30)]welcome tom
just curious but what nep did you rescue?
My guess is it's a either a Alata or Ventrata or something close. No ID lable except a pitcher plant lable.

Tom

Welcome to the fourms hope you enjoy it here. Lotsa info, and great folks.

Back