What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia by the dozen

Fantastic! An early growing season. Flowers up. S. alata, s. flava, and a few others are on their way up. Growth points swelling and expanding. If we don't have a cold snap, it looks like an 8 or 9 month growing season this time around. I love it when they start up their growth cycle. I hope to get thousands of seed this time around, and share some of it with Forum members. The rest is for the NASC growing program, and will be distributed as 2 year old seedlings. Stay tuned for further events!!!!!

Yay! Lets hope the weather keeps up! I've noticed my guys starting to break dormancy as well! And soon I restart horticulture and will unleash upon my plants a million free pots! Muhaha!

I'm afraid of flowers.
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

LOL!!!!! Get over the fear, Est. Pollinate those blooms!

While re-newing my S. purpurea's potting soil (since its growing point was almost touching the side of the pot), I noticed a bunch of little baby leaves at the growing point. I can't wait til March comes around!

-Ben

Big Ben, I am shocked that, for once, I don't have to wait until March or April. I hope Forbes or Noah can enjoy this with me again this year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]LOL!!!!! Get over the fear, Est. Pollinate those blooms!

Yessir! You don't have to tell me to pollinate more than once! I'll even take pictures once I get my camera back from repairs! Unless I don't get flowers- rainin' on my parade!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 06 2006,10:57)]?Big? Ben, I am shocked that, for once, I don't have to wait until March or April.
I seem to have no choice, since the weather now is several inches of snow and 30* weather, so my plants won't want to come out. They're just sleeping in my garage.

-Ben

Back