What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes belii

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
I have had mine for a few years and it has never done well, but suddenly I see lots of new growth and 'maybe' what will be a pitcher! I have heard this plant doesn't travel well, and needs an adjustment period and I can second that opinion. I will get a pic soon. Anyone have pics of theirs?
Ludwig

smile_k_ani_32.gif
A few YEARS without a pitcher?

my bellii lost its pitchers from travel shock when I got it, but had it's first new one about 4 months later.

Maybe I'll stop being impatient with my N. vieillardii that hasn't pitchered yet.

I'll snap some pictures of mine tomorrow when the lights are on.

My N. bicalcarata was without pitchers for two years.  Hehe.

Anyway, my N. bellii (orange) is one grouchy fellow. I grow it at my balcony and it stopped growing and pitchering when the monsoon season came. Since August, in lowland climate. Recently, the weather is warmer and it is back to putting out pitchers.

Here's pics of it before it went bonkers.
belli3rs.jpg

belli2.jpg

Thanks for the pics...yours looks very nice. I hope mine does that some day.

<span style='color:teal'>Hello!  
smile.gif

I am sorry i ma late in this topic.  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I have a bellii, and thought it is small and the only developed pitcher is small, i will share it  
smile_m_32.gif

NBELLII.jpg

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Back