What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B gigantea stem cuttings

Does anybody have any experience taking stem cuttings from this species? My plants are both sprouting vigorously from their bases, and last year's growing points are alive, so I am tempted to try stem cuttings. Slack says that they 'rarely fail'. Can anybody corroberate this? Also, can sections of stems be used? The stems are several feet long. If they succeed, I'll sell them for a nominal fee at one of the British open days, as I have no room for any more adult B gigantea.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Greg

I haven't got a clue if or how it can be done, but please let me know which open day you will be selling them at. I will make sure I am there
biggrin.gif

I will let you know if they work. I may also have a few seeds in the next week or so if you want to give them a try?

I would love to try some seed. I have tried once before and had one small seedling from around 6 seeds. It damped off after about 10 days. Let me know when you have some seed to spare and we can come to some arrangement. Thanks
smile.gif

Back