What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When to move?

Goofzilla

I'm Stratified
Hello,

I've gotten a S. purpurea a couple weeks ago. I put it in a partial-shade spot, outside. The next morning, I a-rose to find a S. purpurea on the brick patio, and a cup of sand, and peat on the patio, as well. I presume this to be a sneaky act of either a squirrel, or a racoon. So I was forced to put the plant on my grill, which has now accumulated several more CP's.

The grill gets pretty much 100% shade, all day long. Should I move the S. purpurea to the other only 'pest-free' spot in my yard? My patio table - which gets sun, most of the day.

Should I move the S. 'Lady-Bug', and VFT's to the same spot (The patio table) in a couple days? I've only had them for under a week.

Any tips/feedback would be great!

The grill plants:

eedd3812.jpg

eedd37d5.jpg

Thanks!

smile.gif

Move them anywhere to where they'd get the most sun, but do it slowly so that they don't get burned. So, move them to the next most shadiest spot, and then so on.

-Ben

Yes, the problem is, is that the other spots are all voulnerable to animals- perhaps I can move the grill further out? I'll have to see.

I think i'm going to slowly put the plants in a sunny location- from reading, this would be best. Please correct me if wrong!
Thanks!
smile.gif

You might have to put up a fence. I had to do that to keep sqirrels, dogs, and cats out.

You can put up a small one made out of chicken wire for just a few bucks.

Back