What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back from ICPS Conference, but not empty handed

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I woke up very early this morning to make a 3 - 3.5 hr drive to Frostburg, MD to see what the ICPS Conference is about.
There was some very interesting lectures, glad I made the trip out.

There was a few venders there selling plants, and a few I wanted. I almost made it home without getting any as I do not have room, but was not able to come back empty handed. I purchased a small N. aristolochioides.

Naristolochioides.jpg

very nice and very red!

Thats a nice looking plant you have there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ June 03 2006,9:51)]Very cute, how much?
Here's a picture that Jeremiah snapped of me trying to decide if I wanted to buy the plant. (Linked from his post) Not because of the cost, because of space limitations.
It was $30.00

2006-6-5_ICPS_Meeting_639.jpg

What is it potted in?
Looks like garden center mulch is mixed in. Gorgeous plant, btw.

Cheers,

Joe

Nice plant Elgecko. You made the right choice by bringing it home
smile.gif

And that's a great picture by the way. It's a true "I really want this plant but I don't have the room for it" dilemma in action!

The same dilemma I go through just about every day of my life
smile_n_32.gif

Good luck, hopefully you get a clone that pitchers!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ June 09 2006,3:27)]Good luck, hopefully you get a clone that pitchers!
smile_n_32.gif
HUH?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ June 08 2006,9:20)]What is it potted in?
Looks like garden center mulch is mixed in. Gorgeous plant, btw.

Cheers,

Joe
It looks like it is all mulch of some kind.
I will let it settle into the new growing conditions and repot it into my nep mix.
That is why I could not pass the plant up.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It looks like it is all mulch of some kind

Looks like a blackjungle plant--nice plant. Richard puts almost all is neps in cyprus bark mulch because it seems to work great for his growing conditions. Good luck with the plant.

Back