What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thats it, im done, it just aint worth it..........

two days out on the lake, hotter than hades, 100% humidity, got cooked well done and for what? one 2 pound walleye?!?! im done......im going back to river fishing, sitting on the bank with a cooler of beer, and bucket of minnows. i may never catch a 10 pound walleye but dang it ill catch a truck load of lil ones, plus catfish, northerns, ling, saugers and sturgeon as well. it gets entertaining when yah start reelling in what yah think is a 2 pound walleye and yah start fighting with a 15 pound shovelnosed prehistoric looking beast.

im burned to a crisp, Darla got a mild case of sun stroke and to top it off, trying to keep your ballance while out on the water royally torques off torn cartilage in ones knee. no more lake fishing for me now where is my minnow bucket.................

I have done both and I prefer the relaxing on the beach. I like catfish.

You're betraying the fishing-industrial complex. Don't you really want a larger, more stable boat, with shaded fishing platform? Plenty of electronics; the latest in carbon fiber rod technology; pedestal seats with cupholders for those beers? How can you get away from it all and relax if you don't take even more with you?

LMAO Bruce, actually i dont own a boat but my friend and my father in law each do. though about the only time i go on the father-in-laws is when i feel the need to be drug across the surface of the water at 30mph(unless he decides it would be fun to kick it up to 40 after he gets me on the tube) with just an intertube between me and the water.

as to how will i get away from it all? im just as hard to find if im shore fishing, there is hundreds of miles worth of bank on the Missouri and Milk rivers within an easy drive
smile_n_32.gif

You are kidding Herenorthere, right?
confused.gif
That defeats the purpose of the great outdoors in my opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] That defeats the purpose of the great outdoors in my opinion.

i dont know, the topper over the bed of the truck beats most tents IMHO, hail cant beat through the topper very easy but that thin nylon fabric doesnt hold up well in it and yah wind up in the truck anyways
smile_n_32.gif
i have packed back into an area to camp before. some modern convieniences go a long way twords making an enjoyable weekend. an air matress at night for example does wonders for ones mood in the morning
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

I go with a teepee and a .54 caliber Hawken. Plenty of stuff around to make a soft place to sleep. Fairly hailproof too. Bowhunting in the rain, on the other hand, is a beech!!! But bowfishing is quicker than a hook!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 03 2006,5:05)].....(unless he decides it would be fun to kick it up to 40 after he gets me on the tube) with just an intertube between me and the water.
Can you say enema?

I'm with you on fishing from the shore. A boats OK but being able to kick back and just relax is what it's all about in my book. Can't do that in a boat in to many places. Where there's one boat there's usually more, and that means people. I go fishing to get away from people.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 03 2006,6:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] That defeats the purpose of the great outdoors in my opinion.

i dont know, the topper over the bed of the truck beats most tents IMHO, hail cant beat through the topper very easy but that thin nylon fabric doesnt hold up well in it and yah wind up in the truck anyways
smile_n_32.gif
i have packed back into an area to camp before. some modern convieniences go a long way twords making an enjoyable weekend. an air matress at night for example does wonders for ones mood in the morning
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
You have a point on that one. I like a few modern conviences but I also like to rough it some too. I don't get to camp a whole lot, but when I do, I sure enjoy it. I'd rather fish out of a bass boat if anything. They go fast and get into those little niches that no body else can get to unless they hike a LONG way.
smile.gif
My dad's most recent boat has a CD player, so I'll get use it too.... yea so it's getting more modern, but that's as far as I'll go with it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I go with a teepee and a .54 caliber Hawken.

i call BS on the teepee, atleast if its what i think of as one, gotta remember i live on a PLAINS INDIAN RESERVATION i do know what kind of work goes into putting one of those buggers up.

as for getting to places where ppl arent, much easier by boat on Fort Peck Lake, when the lake is full it has the same amount of coastline as California. easy enough to get away from ppl, but if the wind comes up the ride back to the marina is rough on the kidneys
smile_n_32.gif

Back