What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Letter regarding Landfill in Brunswick Co.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
I received this today:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Dear Friends,

This is in response to the several hundred e-mails and phone calls that my office has received over the past months regarding the Hugo Neu Landfill.

On July 27th, the North Carolina General Assembly ratified Senate Bill 353 which would impose a moratorium on new landfills for one year. The proposed landfills in Camden, Brunswick, Hyde and Columbus counties will not be able to complete the permitting process under this 12 month moratorium. During the 12 months, the Bill calls for a study to determine the environmental impacts of landfills in North Carolina and how they effect the local communities.

This is a good sign for us. It's the first step of many that will hopefully lead Hugo Neu out of Brunswick County. It shows that we do have the attention of other lawmakers in North Carolina. Your phone calls and e-mails reached many important and influential members of the General Assembly and I appreciate your help. I have lived in Brunswick County all of my life and I don't want to see it "trashed". I have worked on this issue daily and I will continue to fight for Brunswick County and the rights of all the citizens who will be effected by a 350 foot mound of auto fluff. This is not just a Navassa or Leland issue, this will impact all of Brunswick County.

As your Representative, I want you to know that Brunswick County is my number one concern while serving in Raleigh. I am here for you and my office is always available to assist you with your concerns such as Hugo Neu or any other issue that may be impacting your quality of life. We are the fastest growing county in North Carolina and with your help, we will continue to grow and prosper.

Sincerely,
Bonner Stiller
919-733-5974

YAY! I know its just for a year but that's some more time to fight it.
smile.gif

sweet

I think I posted the news about 3 weeks ago.

Well...I thought I had read it somewhere...but I couldn't find it.
smile_n_32.gif
Since it was obviously buried somewhere in a topic, I thought I'd give it its OWN topic.

Back