What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm back...again

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Ok I'm ready for CP's again! Since I live in Florida now (I used to live in BC, Canada) I want to start up my CP collection again. The humidity here is unreal and I think the plants would do very well in my sun patio. One question. (I forgot a lot about what I learned before so bare with me) If I keep my plants in my sun patio, will enough bugs get in so the plants can feed? A lot of lizards get in but I never see any flies and such.

I hope to chat with my old CP buddies again soon!

-Niki-

Oh no, I believe this is the seventh sign of the Apocalypse. They third invasion of the snowbird.

Read the book of Revelations. This is the final sign.

smile_k_ani_32.gif

Oh yeah I forgot. Welcome back.

Didn't you read what I wrote 0zzy...I'm not a snowbird anymore
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks
laugh.gif

See, that's what revelations says. The snowbird will invade from the north in the disguise of of an eagle.

Ohhh you're so full of it
smile_n_32.gif

Welcome back.
smile.gif
So you did make it to Florida after all. Were you able to bring your chameleon? Do you like Florida? Are you ready for hurricanes? Batten down the hatches!

I hope the move was alright and that you get back into CPs again.
smile.gif

I'll say a prayer tonight. God be with Florida.

...snowbirds are 100 times worse when they decide to stay...
smile_h_32.gif
I think this may be worse than all the storms Florida has had over the past year or so....
confused.gif

Welcomes like this just give me a warm fuzzy feeling. How about you Nikki? Hehe.. Welcome back!
laugh.gif

Welcome back to the forums.  You know if your that worried you can start cultureing wingless fruitflies to feed them since obviously the sunroom is ment to keep bugs out.  Especialy those dang mosquitoes. Cultureing wingless fruitflies doesn't look that hard and seems to only cost about 30 bucks to get started then 6 bucks every so often to get new culture media. They just keep going and going.  

I might have some extra dews I could send you to help you get started again.  I will let you know what I have through PM tomorrow sometimes.  Again welcome back.

smile_k_ani_32.gif

I dont know you!

YEA!, Welcome back!

Welcome back Trapper7 ! As you can see there is still an overabundance of personalities here, some less deranged than others.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Sep. 10 2006,10:43)]Welcome back. : ) So you did make it to Florida after all. Were you able to bring your chameleon? Do you like Florida? Are you ready for hurricanes? Batten down the hatches!

I hope the move was alright and that you get back into CPs again. : )
Thanks PAK! I really like Florida but the heat for me is unbareable! I'm ready for the hurricanes but there hasn't been any yet since I've been here. There was a tropical storm last week but I wouldn't even call it a tropical storm, it just a bit of rain, no biggie. The one thing I HATE about Florida.... MOSQUITOS!!! I'm getting eaten ALIVE! I'm scratching at 5 bites on my legs right now that I just got yesterday,lol. My Chameleon died when I went back to Canada to visit my parents : ( I brought her mesh cage with me though and now it is a playpen for my Sugar Gliders. Soooo cute!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 10 2006,10:46)]I'll say a prayer tonight. God be with Florida.
confused.gif
:- S

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Sep. 10 2006,11:45)]...snowbirds are 100 times worse when they decide to stay...
smile_h_32.gif
I think this may be worse than all the storms Florida has had over the past year or so....
Oh come on Andrew
smile_m_32.gif
Thanks for the warm welcome back
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Sep. 10 2006,11:52)]Welcomes like this just give me a warm fuzzy feeling. How about you Nikki? Hehe.. Welcome back!
laugh.gif
Yeah no kidding! Hehe
laugh.gif
Thanks for the welcome back
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Sep. 11 2006,6:44)]
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I dont know you!

YEA!, Welcome back!
Thanks! I hope to get to know you soon
smile.gif
My name is Niki.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (droseraguy @ Sep. 11 2006,9:14)]Welcome back Trapper7 ! As you can see there is still an overabundance of personalities here, some less deranged than others.
LOL! I love it here

Wow- that was alot of seperate posts!! Can't you learn to put then all in 1 post?
smile_n_32.gif
I did it for you THIS TIME!! :ANGRY: hehe.. BTW- thanks for the welcome back? I don't recall giving one :-D
Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Sep. 11 2006,12:52)]Wow- that was alot of seperate posts!!  Can't you learn to put then all in 1 post?  
smile_n_32.gif
 I did it for you THIS TIME!!  :ANGRY:  hehe.. BTW- thanks for the welcome back?  I don't recall giving one :-D
Andrew
Thank you Andrew for being so nice and putting all of my seperate pots into one single nice post
smile.gif
I will learn to do it like this from now on. Can you give me some nice free advice on how to do so please? Ok then, no thanks for the welcome back
smile_o_32.gif

Go up to the topic where I merged everything together for you... click "edit" for that topic, And look at the coding... You can skip the date and stuff and just use the name of the person to make it easier if you wish. Like use this code
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
PlantAKiss said:
I'm a cool mod!!
[/QUOTE] to show

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ ,)]I'm a cool mod!!
(add 2 commas if you don't wanna add in the time/date) or you can just copy paste the person, click "quote" above, paste text, click "quote" again.. and it will show the quote- but without listing a name to the quote. Like this
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm a cool mod!!

Bet you're all confused now! Most snowbirds get like that easily. hehe

Well the first option got me confused, but the second option I got, so I'm going with the second option. Thanks Andrew
smile_m_32.gif

Niki, even if your patio is screened in, your plants should get all the bugs they'll ever want here. Also, when the winter comes, make sure the plants on the patio don't freeze at night if you are in a part of the state that freezes (most of the state except the southern part).

John

Thanks John:) Hey, Florida doesn't freeze, right? Right?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back