What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honey Question

Ok, So I know that some of you guys probably like honey.

Good healthy natural sugar. So I have this question, what do you guys think of the honey comb its self? Like packaged honey comb with honey?

I once ate a honey comb with honey in it. I don't know about the health stuff, but it sure tasted good. But, don't eat too much at one time, it's REALLY sugary.

-Ben

lol, honey is VERY healthy, as are most bee biproducts, Ill have to find the link that had all the great honey information on how healthy it is for you!

I love bee vomit!

did you know honey is the ONLY food that doesnt spoil?
Alex

what about water/ice and McDonalds fries?
smile_n_32.gif

water isnt REAL food...its a drink. and McDonalds fries... maby i dont know... has anyone ever noticed a difference in the taste(and quality) of Mickydees burgers? thats because soy is noy added in there. i will never go to MD again unless its for fries or their grilled chicken sandwhich.
Alex

EDIT: now that i remember...water can spoil! ever looked on the bottles? there is a use by date. water is like a natural vaccum and can pick up dust, bacteria, dirt and other things...even in the bottle!
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]water can spoil! ever looked on the bottles?

AND SO WE MAKE BEER! Woooh! Yeah, preservation rocks!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]did you know honey is the ONLY food that doesnt spoil?

A) The fresher the honey the better. When you're used to fresh honey, old honey can't compare.
smile_m_32.gif

B) Doesn't spoil per se, but have you ever seen it crystalize? Easy enough to fix (microwave it) but it's not a lot of fun, anyway!

Yea, Honey does spoil, thats usualy called cyrstalization, but then you have to heat the honey well other wise it looses its nice full taste some times and tastes like crap honey.

Watch out for that artificial honey!

Clover honey is da best yo.

-Ben

there is a big fancy resturante some where that houses bees in a controled environment. its warm year round, no dormancy so there is a production of honey year round, AND they use different flowers for different aromas and flavors of honey. they use Lavender, rose, clover, and even a certain banana plant that can be pollenated by bees. its really cool because they use at least one of them in every dish they serve!!
Alex

Probably my favorite type of honey would be Tupilo Honey, It's too bad that all of the tupilo trees are dying.

Best honey is fireweed... it isnt as strong as other honey, a great introduction to become a honey fanatic!

Orange honey... that's good to use for baklava.

Tell me more about dying Tupelos. I thought they were supposed to die when it dries up where they are but they can spread to wetter areas while that's happening.

Where I live its all about orange blossom and avocado honey. Eucalyptus is pretty good too. My family used to buy 3 gal buckets of the stuff at the farmers market... That and pure 100% ground peanut peanut butter. Both good deals but it only takes a few months before the honey starts to crystalize and the PB separates. Time for a food grade paint mixer
smile_n_32.gif

Peter

Avacado honey. What a way to ruin a good thing.

lol, im sure it would taste great! lol, the nectar has no representation of the way the vegitable (it is a vegatible right?) tastes.

I also enjoy prickly pear and saguaro honey, they are good.
smile.gif

-Ben

I love cacti fruit!

Avacado is a fruit. So are cukes, squash, tomato, and peppers.

Ahhh! I got an infection because of an ingrown hair on my elbow and my doctor said that It might be because of honey, because the bacteria that currently resides in my body is also found in honey.

Back