What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my simple terrarium

i am home sick and wanted to share my terrarium pic with everybody.
its getting full, i might need to do something about that though. soo what do ya think.?
feedback and tips are welcome
IMG_1898-1.jpg

Looks pretty cool. How did you make it and what do you have in there?

oh its just a 20 gal terrarium with a couple boards laying on the bottom.
lets see, i have
n. rafflesiana
n. bical
n. fusca
n. truncata
n. ventrata
n. copelandii
n. tobaica
n. ampullaria

Nice lookin terrarium you have. I have a 10 gall one and i saw your CPU fan in there, i have a smaller one and just wondering how long you run it a day?

i run it 24/7 just to keep the air circulated all the time. i believe your supposed to have it going all the time, im not sure...

Nice terrarium Peanuts.

What kind of lighting do you have for that tank?

I run my fan 24/7.

So what do people do when their neps outgrow the terrarium? Do they build a bigger grow chamber or acclimate them to a outside hanging basket or windowsill?

xvart.

Nice terrarium--the plants look pretty healthy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So what do people do when their neps outgrow the terrarium? Do they build a bigger grow chamber or acclimate them to a outside hanging basket or windowsill?

I grow them on a grow rack. Some are in plastic tubs sitting on moist pebbles. Those that need higher humidity to pitcher have a plastic cover over the tub. The grow rack has moveable shelves which is good for when the plants grow. It's 4'Wx18"Dx6'H. Lots of space, highly efficient, and cheap.

I keep my fans on 24/7 for terrarium plants, and on only when the lights are on for my grow rack plants.

Ken

Dear Peanuts1gang,

I just posted a question in another thread about ventilating a minigreenhouse. I just noticed in your picture you had a cpu fan. Can I ask how you have it hooked up? Aren't the fan motors DC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dwight

[b said:
Quote[/b] (boomfiziks1 @ Nov. 15 2006,6:53)]Dear Peanuts1gang,

I just posted a question in another thread about ventilating a minigreenhouse. I just noticed in your picture you had a cpu fan. Can I ask how you have it hooked up? Aren't the fan motors DC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dwight
well dwight, i went to radio shack to get a universal dc thing that as different voltages you can switch to. i striped the wires off that and put them together and wala. i set the dc voltage to 9, the lower you go, the slower the fan blows.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Nov. 14 2006,2:42)]Nice terrarium Peanuts.

What kind of lighting do you have for that tank?
i believe they are t6. one cool white and one warm light. i bought the whole fixture and lights from a hydroponic store

[b said:
Quote[/b] (boomfiziks1 @ Nov. 15 2006,6:53)]Dear Peanuts1gang,

Thanks,
Dwight
i've been wondering this as well

Back