What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

little box thingy(s)

• Thread starter xvart
  • Start date

xvart

Doing it wrong until I do it right.
Staff member
I've noticed that underneath some people's avatar's there are little boxes. Most often I notice just one little square that is white or really light yellow and then I just noticed someone who had like four or five progressing in color from the whitish to red. What are these and what do the signify (if anything). Give a noob a hand!

xvart.

Those're warning boxes. They usually are just used for novelty around here. If a user has all of the red boxes possible (5?) that means they've been banned and it's no joke.

You can always go to the trade forum and check for bad traders if you're worried.

But nope, for the most part the boxes are just used for fun.

Wow. Very interesting. Kind of like a scarlet letter of sorts. Thanks for filling me in.

xvart.

I always wanted those little boxes just because they look neat.

The mods had a little fun and got carried away with them when they first came out, handing them out to eachother like nothing. They were playing around, but many still keep theirs from that time. Atleast, i think...

can sombody with little boxy things please respond so i can see what you're talking about?

tounge.gif

if you can find a post by him, bugweed still has the remains of the moderator games under his avitar, if his avitar is still around. The boxes are still there, i just checked.

For some unknown reason, I was always the most squared Mod. I guess it was the other mods way of showing their love and they loved me all the time.
rock.gif

I and all the other mods lost our squares when a certain powermad mod had his name turned red took all of our little squares of affection away.
rant.gif

Humm Bugweed is a mod, but he still has his...

And

!
xvart now has a square of his own.

Well, I have been warned not to speak of such things.... but... if you look to the left.... I'm afraid to say more.... Don't ask too many questions...

xvart.

0ZZY! CAN I PLEASE HAVE ONE!!!!!
oh.gif
You_RockEmoticon.gif

Alex

SHHHHH! "Do not speak of the unspeakable!"

xvart.

HAHAHAHAHAHAheheheeh... *snort*

GOOD one oz!

Its a sine of infection. Whoops i mean affection.
laugh.gif

Glider I can give you 5 if you want.

I want 5.. i'm serious that would be cool if you did that for me
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I want 5.. i'm serious that would be cool if you did that for me
smile.gif

On the off chance that you're not joking: Five boxes = ban. Looking to spend some quality time with "lol" and some other "forum favorites"?
tounge.gif

Not sure what the box craze is all about. :shrug:

Besides, a word to the wise, the best way to get one is probably to make like you don't want one.

And before someone says anything, I'm not saying I don't care about them because I want one. lol

Oh lol. 4 then....

I just want 'em because they look cool.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Dec. 02 2006,7:27)]Glider I can give you 5 if you want.
no...4 is good. glider14 not 15 haha.
Alex

Here you go guys:
warn-1.gif

Seriously, lol was banned? Anyone willing to spill the beans as to why?

Back