What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping close up pics

nice! did you take those with the Canon powershot SD600? when i get a tripod for mine ill be able to take stuff like that.
Alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]nice! did you take those with the Canon powershot SD600?

Alex, yes, thanks to your tip i did use the Canon powershot. You're right about needing to use the tripod, with zoom, any movement means out of focus! I did these with macro at X2.8 zoom.

Peter.

Those are some fantastic shots.
Thanx for sharing

Wow all soo red!
oh.gif

P. reticulata is sooooo hairy!!!
P. laueana x emarginata has a total red look to it! By the way, what does the flower look like on it? When I went to look it up all different color flowers came up...

Great piks! All of your pinguicula are way more pink and red then mine! I only have pink at the bass and margins!
rock.gif

the P. laueana x P. emarginata is new for me. I have heard that is has bright colored flowers. Probably because P. laueana is red!
Anyways, i get great color because these are grown about 4 inches below fluorescent lights. Try it and you'll be happy!
Peter.

P. reticulata looks deadly
ooo.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pingman @ Dec. 26 2006,9:01)]the P. laueana x P. emarginata is new for me. I have heard that is has bright colored flowers. Probably because P. laueana is red!
Anyways, i get great color because these are grown about 4 inches below fluorescent lights. Try it and you'll be happy!
Peter.
I have only one clone of this hybrid, (Pinguicula laueana x Pinguicula emarginata) - mine is with the CP2 clone of Pinguicula laueana. The flower of the clone I have, has a deep, dark, reddish-purple color, with some irridescence, like a velvet. I have not yet been able to capture this with a digital camera, it appears that what the "digital" camera sees, is not at all what the human eye sees, however, I am about to try photographing it with my old Canon A1 film camera, using slide film.

I have propagated about 30 of them, so far, many propagations have and are flowering, all flowers appear identical - which is a good sign of stability.

Great pictures!! I love closeup of dewy plants!

Update:
A few more close up pics have been added!
Peter.

Back