What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need an ID on this variety of red amp

• Thread starter slau
  • Start date
S

slau

Hi everyone,

Neofarm is selling red amps but the boss there wasnt able to tell me if his red amp is a brunei, a cantley, a williams or a harlequin.

I asked for his permission to post these photos of his amp online.

May I ask for some help from the experts here as to what variety this red amp is?

it looks like Cantley to me... Williams red it just to red and Harlequine has spots(from pictures ive seen). it could very well be Burnei though...
Alex

I grew Cantleys for many years and it does not look like it, peristome colour, speckling and shape are all wrong

i never even considered shape.... i have no idea then :crap: i just looked on BobZ's site and i dont grow amps.... i went by color
Alex

I would say its just an ordinary red variaty of ampullaria. ( a very nice variaty ;) )

Thanks for the responses so far. My decision on whether to get neofarm's red amp is motivated by cash.

If this amp is a brunei red its heaps more expensive than BE. If its a Cantley, its much cheaper than BE.

But if it's something completely different would I be paying too much for it if its just "ordinary red amp" ?

Back