What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of Shelves, Please

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I am wanting to set up a new shelf for my plants, and was wanting some pics to see what I am wanting to do. I can see it in my head but can't get it past that. LOL Thanks!

There's at least one, maybe more in the stickied thread.

I think those directions are good, and pretty easy to follow. I will eventually build something similar to that and Ben's.

xvart.

here is my setup(but a older Picture).
IMG_0997.JPG

stoned - how deep is that shelf?

xvart.

My shelves:
The living room:
IM001361.jpg

My office:
IM001365.jpg

My bedroom, where I used two kits to line a whole wall:
IM001366.jpg

Closeups of bedroom terrarium:
IM001367.jpg

IM001368.jpg

I hope this offers some inspiration.
~Joe

The one in your bedroom on the left what do you use for lights in there? I have the same mini greenhouse type stand and I was maybe thinking to use tha because everything is getting too big. Would the mositure get to the lights?

My shelf:

3 dual bulb 4foot 40 watt T12 lights

4 cool white bulbs 4100k
2 6500k bulbs

S4021005.jpg

I use sealed floodlamps inside my big terrarium - they're made for use outside. Definitely wouldn't want to put an ordinary fixture in there; lots of condensation at night.
~Joe

here is my setup(but a older Picture).
IMG_0997.JPG

I just bought one of these today for $35 at Lowes! Nice unit! Been wanting one for a while now.

Tom

Here's some "ghetto look" for your amusement:

AF001101.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

Here's some "ghetto look" for your amusement:

Hey Jim whatever works! My experiment of putting my sarrs in the attic failed I think. It got too cold up there I believe and they dried out too so next fall they go in the fridge with my VFTS, which survived PERFECTLY!

Tom

With mine, they never froze... in spite of temps outside that were as cold as zero. They drew enough heat from the apartment. But apparently there is a balance between keeping them slightly moist and too dry. I think my flava Coppertop may not have survived. But all the VFT's, other Sarrs, and temperate sundews are resuming growth. I had the Sarrs and sundews in buckets, which held a fair amount of media and helped with retaining minimal moisture.

Always loved the pics of your set-ups Jimscott, goes to show you don't need expensive, fussy set-ups to grow beautiful plants!
Nice!

I picked the shelf up at a garage sale for 5 dollars. the wood on the back is leftover oak venneer 70$ a sheet
It's 58" high and 30" wide.
here are the pictures.

growshelf008.jpg

[
IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r62/hive_man/growshelf012.jpg[/IMG]

growshelf009.jpg

3048.jpg

3052.jpg

Last edited:
I only can say, Wooow:0o:
Thanks to your sharing.

Back