What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have a problem.

Ant

Your one and only pest!
I went to school today after I put my plants out for the sun. When I came home to my most expensive and voniarble plant I have was 1/4 of what it was! My small ceph. was eaten by an inch worm. I am not pissed offf at those things and are now just crushing them every time I see them! I am even more angry that NONE of my harder plants even have a scratch from one! Well all thats letf are 3-4 leafs browning 1/3 traps and a few new pitcher growths. Will it suffer from shock and stop growing? This plant was really expensive and I NEED to save it or I will NEVER get another one.

That sucks. It would be hard to tell right away if it will die or not, but I would imagine that it will come back just fine. Maybe don't set it outside for a while and give it a lot of TLC.

xvart.

a stupid question, but I always wanted to ask it whenever it was mentioned. What is TLC? ... *gulp*.....the only thing that pops in my head is "The learning channel" :( ??? :blush:

But sorry about the harm to ur ceph dude. Don;t worry. Try to give it the best you can. Then its all up to fate.

a stupid question, but I always wanted to ask it whenever it was mentioned. What is TLC? ... *gulp*.....the only thing that pops in my head is "The learning channel"

In this case, TLC = Tender Love & Care

As for the Ceph, depending on the severity od the damage it could take a while. If the growth point (meristem) was damaged, then it may struggle for a while and then grow another growth point or two. If the meristem wasn't damaged, then it may not appreciate the loss of foliage, and it may slow down for a while, but there's a good chance it'll be ok.

Good luck to ya!

I've had inch worms eat my forming pitchers on my S. flava var. rubricorpora two years in a row, so I've only gotten scrawny pitchers, so I feel for ya!

I'd say your Ceph still has a fighting chance. Just be sure to baby it for the next month or so until it can get some new leaves/pitchers out and get back on its feet. I've had plants come back from much worse!

Back