What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats take drugs too!

• Thread starter Peanut
  • Start date

Peanut

I like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_nip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgnhNgqUI30

I'm pretty sure that most of you know what Nepeta is (Cat Nip) Since this is a plant forum and all, but for those of you who don't know what it is you should check it out. I heard about this a few years ago and it seemed pretty interesting so I thought I might want to share it. When they consume nepeta it causes them to hallucinate and become dizzy from what I've seen.

Cats get high off of these! :D

enjoy!!

Last edited:
Well,

Everyones doing it.

Humans smoke pot
Ants drink Nepenthes nectar
Cats like catnip
Mice eat cheese

And so on so forth.

Really, we were all born to be wild. Including teh kitties.

When they get cat nip they go nutty!

My parents had a stocking for our cat growing up at christmas time and Santa would always bring catnip. It was great fun in the morning watching our cat try and jump up to the stocking going crazy to get "high." lol.

Everyones doing it.

Humans smoke pot
Ants drink Nepenthes nectar
Cats like catnip
Mice eat cheese

And so on so forth.

Pretty soon, computers and robots will be holding magnets up to their heads to get "stoned," lol.

xvart.

Indeed. It's The Twilight Zone, gentlemen.

On the subject of catnip, it is worth noting that Nepeta x faassenii 'Walker's Low' is this years's perrenial plant of the year, for its season long bloom and trouble free nature
th_333-002.jpg

just thought id throw that out there

Better get one in every household. Quick. GO!

I hope our cats don't get suicidal.

My catnip is in the yard fenced with dogs. They get suicidal trying to get at it, if my dogs were cat killers, thatd be bad. They just chase.

Hehe.... I can picture mice buying cheese from a dealer lmao. It's just funny you say that because there is a drug called cheese. It's black tar heroin and Tylenol PM.

I always thought catnip made cats horny as hell. I didn't know it made them high.

After I told my friend about cat nip that stupid dumb*** went out and smoked it -_-

-Earth is a planet of extreme....

When ever I give my cats cat nip they will role in it then eat it then the fighting begins.

After I told my friend about cat nip that stupid dumb*** went out and smoked it -_-

-Earth is a planet of extreme....

Well it says right there "Although its effect is very mild, catnip may be used as a substitute for marijuana, often in combination with damiana."

I don't put much credit into that. If it was as good as very mild pot, everyone would be smoking it. We have potheads not nipheads.

But seriously smoking anything is bad for you. I cough up brown phlegm every day so don't smoke cigarettes.

I grow the stuff, the cats love fresh nip. It actually flowered for me for the first time this spring.

nip01.jpg

I've smoked some of the stuff I've grown. I like it better than tobacco but in all fairness, I plain hate tobacco. You kind of get an altered feeling from it and sometimes colors seem a little more green but the effect is really subtle. It also leaves a slight cool minty taste in your mouth.

It sure isn't "a substitute" for any other smokeable plant though. :p

The buds, before the flowers show, do resemble cannabis.

Back