What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two orchids (Winner PlantAKiss $15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6150.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_6147.jpg
[/IMG]

The top photo is an Ascocentrum miniatum which I consider to be blooming size, even though it hasn't bloomed yet. It's a pretty bullet-proof species and handles wet and dry, cool and hot, but I think it wants more light than I can provide. The part you see is ~7" from wingtip to wingtip and, although hidden by the Spanish moss, there are new growths at its base. It'll get nice bunches of small orange flowers.

The bottom photo is a Dendrobium aphyllum, also known as Dend. pierardii. It's one of the deciduous species that sheds all its leaves every year and then grows lots of very nice pink & yellow blooms on its bare canes. Then it starts a new growth cycle, which you can see is underway now. One great thing about it is that it needs essentially no attention through the winter because it spends months as a pot of sticks until starting to blooming. The longest cane is ~12" and it's been a regular bloomer for 4+ years. Notice that the canes curve down below horizontal, so they're often hung in a sideways pot or in a coconut husk or whatever.

You can find examples of the flowers of both at http://www.orchidspecies.com/. Let the bidding for this pair begin at $10 and I'll pay for shipping if they bring more than $18.

$15

Shipped today by priority mail - forgot about Wednesday being a holiday.

Reminder to either the sender to send the item or the buyer to to pay for or repoert the item received.

Please don't respond if the status of this auction is up to date. Only post the current status of the auction. This is also to keep the open auctions at the front and put the closed ones in the back.

The plants have been received and look great. Thank you Bruce for you donations to the auction. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back